HOLLYWOOD SIGN ⭐️ | PHANTOM 4 4K Video

Reaction score
Shot this earlier in the week. Each letter stands 45 feet tall and the sign measures 350 feet wide.

Had a blast shooting this one, despite the birds that were making me a little nervous. Cheers!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Good work my friend! BTW, what software do you edit with? I got a P3 Advanced a few months ago. The video right from the card is very good but when I edit it with Windows Movie Maker, to burn a DVD or post on Facebook, it loses a lot of resolution. Any advice is appreciated.

Good work my friend! BTW, what software do you edit with? I got a P3 Advanced a few months ago. The video right from the card is very good but when I edit it with Windows Movie Maker, to burn a DVD or post on Facebook, it loses a lot of resolution. Any advice is appreciated.

I use Final Cut Pro X, you import the 4K footage and then it allows you to export the 4K footage with no quality loss, although Facebook only supports 1080P. I don't have any experience with Windows Movie Maker, so unfortunately can't help you there. I know there are some great video editing software for Windows though (names that come to mind are Vegas, Adobe Premiere). I'm sure there are others too.

Excellent work. 2 questions: 1. no fear in flying that close to the radio towers behind the sign? 2. What settings did you use to upload such clear video without pixelization?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Goid video, good editing, good choice of music (was this music from the DJI Go editor?). Only one criticism: "Tinsletown" is spelled "Tinseltown". Sorry, I'm a spelling geek. Slap me if necessary.

Reactions: Gumby
Excellent work. 2 questions: 1. no fear in flying that close to the radio towers behind the sign? 2. What settings did you use to upload such clear video without pixelization?

The only time I have noticed radio interference is win other Wi-Fi signals are close by. I'm sure the radio towers on top of the hill have a chance of interfering as well, but my signal was rocksolid through the whole flight. Maximum distance away was about 2400 feet during the flight. I was also using the copper range extenders that you slide on to the antennas.

2. I use 60 shutter speed and 100 ISO and then use an ND filter to properly expose the footage. In this case, it was bright sunlight at midday so I used an ND 32 filter. These settings seem to produce very smooth footage.

Beyond that, I use -2 for the style across the board. This seems to produce a nice flat image. I then sharpen up and balance the color in post using Final Cut Pro. Sounds like a lot but it's actually fairly simple.

Long winded answer, hope this helps!

Goid video, good editing, good choice of music (was this music from the DJI Go editor?). Only one criticism: "Tinsletown" is spelled "Tinseltown". Sorry, I'm a spelling geek. Slap me if necessary.

WOW, I am embarrassed. Re-uploading now, I will fix the link in the OP.

Thank you for pointing that out, I'm a spelling geek too (although you'd never guess it based on this video).

Music was from the YouTube audio library.

Thank you for pointing that out, I'm a spelling geek too (although you'd never guess it based on this video).

FIXED!!! Thanks again!

How 'bout the settings when you upload. I have trouble uploading to YouTube without getting some Pixelization. See :

Then again, I'm using iMovie from my iPad, but still can't get that razor sharp image that you have. Do you like Final Cut/ was it worth the investment? Looks like it.

Sorry to be a pest picking your brain. Again, great job!

How 'bout the settings when you upload. I have trouble uploading to YouTube without getting some Pixelization. See :

Then again, I'm using iMovie from my iPad, but still can't get that razor sharp image that you have. Do you like Final Cut/ was it worth the investment? Looks like it.

Sorry to be a pest picking your brain. Again, great job!

I'm uploading at 30FPS, 4K resolution from Final Cut to YouTube. Same settings I use to shoot. Maybe your settings in iMovie are different from the settings on your drone? Also, I've noticed that using manual exposure settings with an ND filter produces better results than using the AUTO setting. That way, your drone isn't changing the settings on the fly, so to speak.

Regarding Final Cut, it is expensive; but I do like it. I've heard other programs are easier/more intuitive, but I've gotten used to FCP.

PICK AWAY!! :D

Didn't mean to embarrass you. After reading many of your posts, I thought it was a bit out of character for you. I recently had someone point out to me that I'd written "cerficate" instead of "certificate" on a sign I'd made. That was embarassing! Anyway, good job on the video.

Didn't mean to embarrass you. After reading many of your posts, I thought it was a bit out of character for you. I recently had someone point out to me that I'd written "cerficate" instead of "certificate" on a sign I'd made. That was embarassing! Anyway, good job on the video.

Not at all, I'm really glad you pointed it out! Need to double check my work next time.

Too bad FCP doesn't include spell check lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.