Hiking vlog gone WRONG!

I thought it was kinda funny, the off topic thread went off topic. :)

Rod

back on topic hopefully - what people don't realize, especially living in a city, in suburbs, is how dark it can get away from streetlights and civilization. Long time ago I went camping in the mountains in New Hampshire with two buddies. It was a cloudy, night and we went down a trail from the campsite to a river and on the way back, on the trail, I was holding the flashlight and shut it off and stopped walking. My two buddies that were on either side of me freaked out. You could not see your hand in front of your face 3 ' in front of you. It was crazy how dark it was. I let them freak out for a few seconds but got scared myself and turned the light back on. Without any civilization around it was the definition of pitch dark. Good blog, thanks for sharing

Reactions: Weston Ney
back on topic hopefully - what people don't realize, especially living in a city, in suburbs, is how dark it can get away from streetlights and civilization. Long time ago I went camping in the mountains in New Hampshire with two buddies. It was a cloudy, night and we went down a trail from the campsite to a river and on the way back, on the trail, I was holding the flashlight and shut it off and stopped walking. My two buddies that were on either side of me freaked out. You could not see your hand in front of your face 3 ' in front of you. It was crazy how dark it was. I let them freak out for a few seconds but got scared myself and turned the light back on. Without any civilization around it was the definition of pitch dark. Good blog, thanks for sharing
Exactly. I live in a small town on a dead end street, but we have a streetlight so I was not used to the night being so dark! I definitely did not turn off my flashlight! [emoji16]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl