High Pitch Noise DJI Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
hi. i have some issues with my drone and i hope someone can help me here.

i observed that my drone is struggling to keep its position with gps mode. it's wobbly/shaky and motors are aggressive, producing this high pitch noise. again, i want to emphasize that it is STRUGGLING TO KEEP ITS POST, though issue persists even in non GPS mode.

let it be known that it has history of very minor crashes, but to my knowledge did not to result any damage on its motors. however, i'm guilty of recklessly cramming it (w/ controller) inside any travel backpack making it vulnerable to bumps, shake ups, etc.

my guess is somehow the motors got misaligned.

anyone got idea how to fix. i have video link below for you to here the noise it's making.

d5c6cb4914e9555d3ccb0a89204e701a.jpg

58523fc642201a813621e521f5db227f.jpg

look at how misaligned the 2 pairs of propellers are. black and white for front and back of drone. i think this is the issue. how to fix this then?

look at how misaligned the 2 pairs of propellers are. black and white for front and back of drone. i think this is the issue. how to fix this then?
if you're talking about the high pitch that occurs during flight that's normal bro. mine does the same thing. As far as your props..i would try new ones..o.e.m. and balance these old ones. I've crashed my standard too. it was shaky for a while and I put new props on and it came right out of it. I've only been flying for few months but I've encountered these issues too.

hope this helps brother. I'm sure someone will pop in here with better suggestions than me. there's all kinds of great help here. be patient my friend. I'm sure its nothing serious.

also..check under your motor on the frame for slight cracks. it's known to happen as this case is not the most toughest one on the market. these cases are known to crack just from heavy braking and fast maneuvering. again..i may be way off but just a few suggestions. peace brother....

let it be known that it has history of very minor crashes, but to my knowledge did not to result any damage on its motors. however, i'm guilty of recklessly cramming it (w/ controller) inside any travel backpack making it vulnerable to bumps, shake ups, etc.

my guess is somehow the motors got misaligned.

Some useful advice from Kev74 above but, if you don't mind me asking, is this the same drone that you reported crashing here? Standard - Phantom 3S keeps moving to left ATTI mode

If it is, then crashing upside-down onto concrete with motors spinning isn't my idea of a 'minor crash' and if it hasn't flown well since that time, then you may need to look more deeply for the problem, after having tried what Kev74 suggests.

Reactions: Kev74 and randev
yes, it's the same drone. after the crash, i was concerned of that issue but was unable to fix that until now. and then this new problem appears which is more bothersome because it's very noticeable and battery life is like 16 minutes only instead of 20+ min on its first flights.

yeah, 'minor crashes' might be wrong choice of words, but i can't say that led to the shaky/wobbly effect since it worked well after the crash except for that first issue.

yes, it's the same drone. after the crash, i was concerned of that issue but was unable to fix that until now. and then this new problem appears which is more bothersome because it's very noticeable and battery life is like 16 minutes only instead of 20+ min on its first flights.

yeah, 'minor crashes' might be wrong choice of words, but i can't say that led to the shaky/wobbly effect since it worked well after the crash except for that first issue.
are you flying in cold weather? I live in northern Maine man. it's a frozen tundra up here. when I fly I lose some battery life too. but I know it's the cold weather.

If the props are too much out of alignment it will flip on take off if the props are not hitting the shell. The motors mount slightly off alignment, it has to with helping keep it balanced and stable. Every time I have even a "minor" crash I put new props, cushions and pins on mine and re calibrate the compass. From looking at the video I would say it has to do with the compass/GPS. I crashed mine into water and after rebuilding it flies like that but I get an error "Compass error. Turn GPS off". I'm fairly certain it is the compass or where it plugs into the main circuit board.

are you flying in cold weather? I live in northern Maine man. it's a frozen tundra up here. when I fly I lose some battery life too. but I know it's the cold weather.
no, i'm from philippines. and weather is hot and dry most of the time.

If the props are too much out of alignment it will flip on take off if the props are not hitting the shell. The motors mount slightly off alignment, it has to with helping keep it balanced and stable. Every time I have even a "minor" crash I put new props, cushions and pins on mine and re calibrate the compass. From looking at the video I would say it has to do with the compass/GPS. I crashed mine into water and after rebuilding it flies like that but I get an error "Compass error. Turn GPS off". I'm fairly certain it is the compass or where it plugs into the main circuit board.
ok. ill try recalibrating the compass tomorrow and fly again. thanks

Reactions: csparks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl