Hi guys would new owners of the P4 truly recommend buying one,

Actually had my first flight time today having never owned a quad copter (or phantom), let me tell it was awesome ! I took it easy, did lots of research before hand (tutorials, videos, manual reading, forum reading etc). I had the same questions before pulling the trigger and I'm so glad I did. Had no issues with upgrading firmware, no weird gimbal noises, no issues connecting to my tablet etc.... Was a great first experience.

My thoughts exactly........first time drone owner and loving the experience!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Tred,
I am new to DJI, had an Explorer Vision that was great for the first 15 hours then decided to fly away never to be seen again. Got replaced under warranty and it flew away again after being repaired two more times, had enough and got a refund.
I was waiting for the Yuneec Typhoon H, had a deposit on a preorder for a month but the release date kept getting pushed back so I opted for the DJI P4. So glad I did, stumbled across some recent reviews comparing the Yuneec and the DJI and the DJI wins hands down.
As for price check out Aus Cameras, I got the P4 with extra battery and extra samsung 64 gig card for $2289 delivered.

Got mine from rise above store, they have been great to deal with.

I've had some issues but I think more my own expectations regarding video quality.

Only thing that annoys me is the drop when you let off the sticks, hopefully this will be fixed in future firmware, I don't film stopping anyway so not a huge issue. Just something to be aware of if flying close to objects.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Haven't had mine too long and its my first DJI drone but can honestly say i love it, though reading some of the horror stories i was a bit nervous at first but gaining in confidence and learning from others mistakes on these forums
But all in all very very pleased with it

My first drone is the P4. I have nothing to compare it with, but I am having a blast. Yes, the forums scare you, however you have to remember that for every bad story there are 100 stories that are good. People simply don't come to forums to talk about the good things because they are to busy flying :).

Just remember to go slow, learn as much as you can about the machine. Spend time in the simulator practicing various features. Keep it in beginners mode until you feel comfortable with the plane.

The real fun begins after that, once you are more comfortable, things like losing signal wont stress you out.

P4 is fantastic and introducing systems redundancy a big step forward. But can fail like any complex system so please get used to fly in atti mode, use apps to check if flight is safe for current location and time (ie UAV Forecast), redo compass calibration, and more. Not a toy!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've had mine for two weeks and about 4 hours of flying. Never had a drone of any kind, but enjoying this one very much. No problems whatsoever, and the video and picture quality is terrific.

Highly recommended!

I have a P4 for 3 weeks now. Only problem: I had to buy another tablet for compatibility. I had Asus Memopad 7", didn't work at all. I bought Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8", it is perfect, very smooth operation!! I had no problem with the drone itself so far, everything is going as described in manuals. I'm very happy with my purchase, so far!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20