Hi from Bournemouth, UK

Reaction score
Hello all.
I get my Phantom 3 Pro next Tuesday.
I have sorted public liability insurance for it and researched restricted air space.
(Local airport, military bases, national parks and schools.)
I have downloaded the tools, read the manual and feel ready for delivery..
My last RC helicopter was about 30 years ago. That ended in a dismal failure. I hope I'm better prepared now!

Reactions: dirkclod and Numone
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: Nick Dalton
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to the forum Nick,

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). It costs £33 at the time of writing. Click on the link to view their web site :-

Members Insurance

You can also insure your UAV against damage : -

Drone Insurance - Phantom Flight School

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice or find someone near you who has a Phantom. The golden rule :- Always get permission from the landowner to take off and land.

After some time, something to aim for is :-

Multi-Rotor –

You might like to try the following apps. The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play and :- No Fly Drones

If you have any questions try doing a search first by clicking the magnifying glass top right. You might find your question has already been asked and it will save you a lot of time. If you can’t find an answer, then just post the question. We are only to happy to help.

Enjoy

Welcome to the forum Nick,

To protect yourself in the case of an accident, insurance is a good idea. e.g. (BMFA) British Model Flying Association (UK). It costs £33 at the time of writing. Click on the link to view their web site :-

Members Insurance

You can also insure your UAV against damage : -

Drone Insurance - Phantom Flight School

The next thing to do is join a flying club to learn the ropes. Its more than likely there will be members only too glad to help out with advice or find someone near you who has a Phantom. The golden rule :- Always get permission from the landowner to take off and land.

After some time, something to aim for is :-

Multi-Rotor –

You might like to try the following apps. The first one shows UK airspace and includes NOTAMS.

UK AirspaceAVOID for Pilots – Android Apps on Google Play and :- No Fly Drones

If you have any questions try doing a search first by clicking the magnifying glass top right. You might find your question has already been asked and it will save you a lot of time. If you can’t find an answer, then just post the question. We are only to happy to help.

Enjoy
Thank you.
Doing a massive amount of trauling now.
I have insurance in place. (£20 per year).
The provided software seems inadequate, so starting there.
I have downloaded local restrictions and requested permission to fly at my local park in accordance to local bylaws.
Many thanks for the welcome.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

After much reading I muist admit I am confused.
the DJI software works for some and not for others..
After market products are good and bad.
Firmware is good and bad too.
As I'm going for a 2nd hand P3P to see if I like it. I'll not have a warrenty.
I feel like I'm in a maze with no exit.
This is before I fly one for the first time!
I have written permission to fly at a local public park in accordance to local by laws. It is within a no fly zone accoring to UK flight restrictions map, but other phantom pilots use it and it is allowed under local law and I have insurance in place.
It seems very "hit or miss".
As for editing... Horses for courses I suppose.

Got mine from eBay today.<br />Advertised as "ready to fly".<br />Guess what? It wasn't.<br />It came from a popular 2nd hand chain. (Pawn shop.)<br />No charger, no gimbal clamp and the blades chewed up.<br />One battery on the first light (20% or fail) the other on 80%. <br />The controller on 50%.<br />Propellers were beaten up and had no smooth surfaces.<br />I used to fly in the army and would NOT pass them as fit!<br />So I got a reduction.<br />The bird requires an firm upgrade, as does the controller. I'm NOT going to do that after following the advice on these forums.<br />Positive side.<br />I was able to connect my mobile phone (Cell or Handy for the Yanks and Germans.)<br />I could calibrate the Gimbal and the video looked good on live feed.<br />New charger, an extra £50. New Gimbal clamp from China £7, with 2 weeks delivery time.<br />New propellers, I have 8 pairs. 4 original, and 4 after market on the way. £16 in total.<br />I still don't know if it will fly! [emoji3]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga