Hey wahappend??

Now that a few more posts have been made, I'm getting the hang of it. It's definitely growing on me, and it does have a more professional look. Thanks admins and mods for all your hard work. I run a forum of my own so know what it can entail. ;)

it took an hour or so but I can get used to it. One exception though is it is all white note contrasting borders etc
whitewashed , at least on desktop. I typically don't enjoy tablets and phones for longtime net reading like forums, even though I have way to many

Hello, Hello, can anyone hear me? Where am I? Everything is different. I have been absent for a while, but I am now back. I have a note from my mother excusing the absence. (I wrote it). :)

Actually this bulletin board is very smooth and easy on the eyes. Not a lot of clutter and very readable. Once I get used to this I will probably have lunch. It is nice to be back and it looks like the new owner is putting his stamp on Phantom Pilots. Very nice stamp it is. Nice to meet ya Jacob and I look forward to explaining what I meant.

LOL.
My old link kept giving a page not found error, so I assumed the forum was down and didn't think much else of it for ages. When it didn't come back up, I tried the base URL and for a moment thought I'd gotten the wrong URL.
I'll say straight up that I already like it. It's clean, tidy, professional. I like that you can "like" something someone said, because previously you'd have had to quote them and post "I agree" or "Well said" or some such pointless extra post.
Haven't looked for the most common links like "Replies to my posts" etc, but I'm sure there will be something like that somewhere.
Put me down as one of those in favour of the change ;)

I think its much easier and more user friendly than the other version. It is also a lot quicker to navigate.

... I have a note from my mother excusing the absence. (I wrote it). :)

Totally unrelated, by my daughter's teacher was giving her a hard time about an absence that we had already sent in a note for, and the teacher had lost it, or the Admin staff hadn't delivered it, or whatever, so rather than ask us for another copy, my daughter wrote her own, and signed it "Shannon's Mum"
LOL. The teacher somehow saw through that, and I can't imagine how :)

Reactions: Wedeliver
Now Im home and on the pc, its much better on the eye. Using a phone needs patience :)

Well done Jacob !!

Reactions: Jacob
Why mess around with something that isn't broke the old format was much better this is terrible

Reactions: Wibble
Hopefully this will improve with use, but for now its like trying to read with a blindfold on.

Reactions: Wibble
Looking Good, well done, but I like shiny sparkly things so this doesn't count. Oh bother.

Several questions and comments:
  1. Not crazy about circular crop of avatars. Why circular? The world of jpg, tiff, png, etc is rectangular. Obviously a nit...
  2. Once a bunch of likes get added to the system, how can I filter for top new liked unread posts by left-handed red-haired P2 Pilots who only fly on Tuesdays in the Southern Hemisphere?
  3. Any way to customize overall layout? Right side panel (forum stats, birthdays, etc.) a waste for me. I realize you need ad revenue to make your acquisition pencil, but I just lost 25% of my reading width.
Not averse to change, so long as productivity goes up. Jury still out for me.

Kelly

Can no longer see a Poster's earthly location???

Can no longer see a Poster's earthly location???
The location is located in the users profile under the 'information' tab. The user must choose to show this just as before. If you look at mine you'll see it once under my name and agin in the list.

Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 8.12.49 AM☀️.png

Several questions and comments:
  1. Not crazy about circular crop of avatars. Why circular? The world of jpg, tiff, png, etc is rectangular. Obviously a nit...
  2. Once a bunch of likes get added to the system, how can I filter for top new liked unread posts by left-handed red-haired P2 Pilots who only fly on Tuesdays in the Southern Hemisphere?
  3. Any way to customize overall layout? Right side panel (forum stats, birthdays, etc.) a waste for me. I realize you need ad revenue to make your acquisition pencil, but I just lost 25% of my reading width.
Not averse to change, so long as productivity goes up. Jury still out for me.

Kelly
1. The circular crop is something on the platform I dont believe we can change. I would suggest re-uploading your profile picture and adjusting the crop.
2. Likes are placed on a specific post, not on the thread. I don't believe it would be helpful to find the best "comments".
3. We will still be making changes to the sidebar as we go but as of now, its not custom.

I don't use a browser at all, only Tapatalk. Its all messed up. Notifications are gone, pm's have gone, aircraft forums gone. I was in conversation and stopped mid chat. Change is good, but its better if it works.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj