Hero3 Silver+ focus issue or not?

Yes!

Difference is very clear on this picture! Was easy to do right?

PhantomHost said:
Yes!

Difference is very clear on this picture! Was easy to do right?

actually, it was a bit trickier.
I had to go counter clockwise - and quite a bit at that - to achieve that focus.

And i just got a black edition too. So now I need to check if it suffers from the same issue

Counter clockwise? That's a first.....you experimented with both directions?

PhantomHost said:

yup. the very first turn i did was clockwise @ 2mm. Made it worse. I kept going clockwise and it didnt help.
I got frustrated and did one big turn CCW and it ended up with that picture! lol

dragonash said:
PhantomHost said:

yup. the very first turn i did was clockwise @ 2mm. Made it worse. I kept going clockwise and it didnt help.
I got frustrated and did one big turn CCW and it ended up with that picture! lol

Interesting!

PhantomHost said:
dragonash said:
PhantomHost said:

Interesting!

so i broke the black lol
I just could not get the focus to be crisp and even putting the lens back to its original position, it was not good.
so im just going to return it tomorrow and get a new one.
Take a picture, compare it side by side with my silver and see which one is better.
If the silver is now better, I will return the black again and just keep the silver :)

Please post the 2 pictures here….the Silver mod one and the standard black (which should not have the focus issue if it is a recent batch).

(I am not going for the 3+ anyway, but just curious). Waiting for the Hero4. Ik hope it will fit the gimbal…..

PhantomHost said:
Please post the 2 pictures here….the Silver mod one and the standard black (which should not have the focus issue if it is a recent batch).

(I am not going for the 3+ anyway, but just curious). Waiting for the Hero4. Ik hope it will fit the gimbal…..

I'll have them up shortly after 10am. Waiting for bestbuy to open ;p

so i got a new NEW black. :)
The picture is stock out of the box vs the silver with the adjusted lens.

wow

(uploaded full images to another server. The size limitations here werent doing it justice)

Look at the microwave as a point of comparison. The vending machine as well

Silver
GOPR9904.JPG

Black
GOPR9903.JPG

I think the silver (mod) looks better. I looked at the vending machine and the microwave up close.

Again...interesting!

Yeah, the silver has sharper image. Can you compare video quality?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1