Help with Point of inerest

Reaction score
Had a problem with Point of Interest a few weeks back that I have not figured out how to correct yet. I was flying off the side of a cliff with a fairly steep decent over water. Was hoping to circle a rock where Sea Lions are as common as people on their cell phones. It It was roughly 1.5miles from shore. However, when I began setting up for Point of Interest flight mode, I was showing -160feet or something like that. Every time I tried to set my altitude, I received a message telling me that I needed to ascend to 16' minimum before I could hit "GO". Obviously this is not going to work. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Richard Mertz

By default, the computer does not accept to start the flight if it does not have at least 10 MTS of height, in your case it detects negative values so it does not leave you, I do not think it has a solution unless you can download it at the level of the drone

Is there anywhere nearby the rock you can land it and "reset" your starting altitude? Somewhere at the same or lower elevation than the rock. Shut it down, the restart the props and fly from there. Just a thought...

Reactions: Archangel3356
Is there anywhere nearby the rock you can land it and "reset" your starting altitude? Somewhere at the same or lower elevation than the rock. Shut it down, the restart the props and fly from there. Just a thought...
Is a good thought for sure. But one I already thought of and decided against due to the distance out in the ocean. But thank you.

On the same note. I am now having a similar situation in reverse. Going up the side of mountain. When I take it off at trails end and travel upward, I cannot get far enough forward due to elevation. 1000 feet away is well over 400' elevation. These limits suck!!!

I believe you can change altitude once the POI begins. Start at a height acceptable to the software then push the down stick once it starts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak