Value of P4P+ V1 controller with display?

Reaction score
I have a P4P that uses my phone .. a friend has a P4P+ controller with the built-in in display. The drone was recently lost in the ocean. Can I hook up my P4P to his controller, and what should I pay him for it? Also, what is the value of used P4P batteries? One is the lower 5350mah and the other 5870mah... Fairly low hours on both.

Reactions: Idaho1
I would look at completed auctions on ebay to value the controller. My guess is for a GL300E that $300 is fair but you can probably find one for $200 for a good deal (ebay/FB/mercari) and some asking $400 on eBay and ready to haggle. It should work as long as they were both Phantom 4 Pro V1. Here is the chart.

Used DJI batteries are between 85-100 USD. Higher end is for 5870 mah and low cycles/good shape. Many used ones have cracks around the button.

Reactions: kidcole
I would look at completed auctions on ebay to value the controller. My guess is for a GL300E that $300 is fair but you can probably find one for $200 for a good deal (ebay/FB/mercari) and some asking $400 on eBay and ready to haggle. It should work as long as they were both Phantom 4 Pro V1. Here is the chart.

Used DJI batteries are between 85-100 USD. Higher end is for 5870 mah and low cycles/good shape. Many used ones have cracks around the button.
Excellent info. It is a 300E. There is a gray circle on the chart for this model controller that says 1.3K ... what does that mean?

One battery has swollen along the top (when viewing it as you slide it in the drone. I have a couple that have cracks near the button. What are those differences?

Excellent info. It is a 300E. There is a gray circle on the chart for this model controller that says 1.3K ... what does that mean?

One battery has swollen along the top (when viewing it as you slide it in the drone. I have a couple that have cracks near the button. What are those differences?
That gray circle is how many times users have clicked the link to go to the DJI page for the GL300E.

I personally would retire a battery that was swollen. Just not worth the risk to me, even for hobby flying. Assuming the cracks are from normal wear and tear, and NOT from crash impact, I would pay about 50-75 if they did not have hundreds and hundreds of charge cycles and were in good shape otherwise. These are just my opinions.

Reactions: kidcole
That gray circle is how many times users have clicked the link to go to the DJI page for the GL300E.

I personally would retire a battery that was swollen. Just not worth the risk to me, even for hobby flying. Assuming the cracks are from normal wear and tear, and NOT from crash impact, I would pay about 50-75 if they did not have hundreds and hundreds of charge cycles and were in good shape otherwise. These are just my opinions.
Yes. Good info. I suggested the swollen one go in the trash. Probably only 30 charge cycles. I will check. He's only flown it a couple dozen days in its life. Sad the drone is on the ocean floor .. we got some great.videos before the mishap.

Hi, May I ask how it was lost over water? Are there anything to learn, or caveats for us about flying over water?
This is a handy article I looked up after I posted this....

It was not mine. But I was there. He had never updated firmware from his original purchase. And the drone was set to follow the boat. It started out to follow ok and the boat was moving at idle speed. But when he turned towards the drone, the drone moved lower and very close to the boat. This firmware was around 4 years old and I think it was an old bug that killed the drone. The drone got confused possibly by the water. It came within just a few feet on the boat, and one side of the drone turned sharply down. As if it wanted to dive. So it hit the water almost sideways .. not level. We did calibrate. I blame the very old firmware. He knew about all the changes over the years with people complaining about the yellow and red map areas. And he didn't want to find out he can't fly at his house anymore .. which happened to me.

My suggestion with flying over water is to always set your home point on land and always keep the drone well above the water .. at least 8 or 10 meters.

I have a P4 P getting battery error. I get it one time only. I looked at the attached flight record and It indicates the Battey is in tolerance. I'm afraid to fly it thinking I will loose it. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-11-16_[10-56-18][1].txt
    90.6 KB · Views: 57
Yes. Good info. I suggested the swollen one go in the trash. Probably only 30 charge cycles. I will check. He's only flown it a couple dozen days in its life. Sad the drone is on the ocean floor .. we got some great.videos before the mishap.
No, used batteries DO NOT go in the trash. They must be responsibly recycled.

I looked at the attached flight record and It indicates the Battery is in tolerance.
That flight record doesn't show enough to tell anything about the battery.
You started the motors and let them idle for less than a minute and shut down.
There was no flying or climbing, so the battery was never put under any load.

Do you have the flight data from when the battery error was seen?

That flight record doesn't show enough to tell anything about the battery.
You started the motors and let them idle for less than a minute and shut down.
There was no flying or climbing, so the battery was never put under any load.

Do you have the flight data from when the battery error was seen?

The error message appeared at 4:10.7 and was there for the rest of that short flight.
In the detailed data, it shows as: Battery Communicate Error.
There were no indications of anything wrong with the battery.

A battery data communication error means that the aircraft's main processor cannot communicate with the smart battery.
If not a battery fault, it is most likely a poor connection to the battery itself .
If it doesn't show again, the battery probably wasn't pushed in and latched properly.

The error message appeared at 4:10.7 and was there for the rest of that short flight.
In the detailed data, it shows as: Battery Communicate Error.
There were no indications of anything wrong with the battery.

A battery data communication error means that the aircraft's main processor cannot communicate with the smart battery.
If not a battery fault, it is most likely a poor connection to the battery itself .
If it doesn't show again, the battery probably wasn't pushed in and latched properly.
I've double checked the battery mounting. It seemed to be locked in. The flight data shows the cell voltage, that must be a different input.
Thanks for your reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers