Help with FPV

Reaction score
Hi, I have a phantom 2, and am thinking about purchasing a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal for my Hero 3+. While researching this, I stumbled on to the topic of FPV, which rose a few questions.

1. I have a 2.4 gHz rc controller phantom combo, and almost all of the FPV video transmitters were 5.8 gHz, so does the rc gHz rating affect the video transmitter rating, or could I run the 2.4gHz controller, and the 5.8 gHz video transmitter?

2. I have noticed many different types of FPV setups from Using iOSD minis, using the immersion 5.8 gHz transmitter and a screen on the remote controller, using a combo of the iOSD mini and Ground Station (would you just watch the FPV from an iPad with this option?), and even a 2.4 gHz Bluetooth datalink (which I assume is just for changing settings white the phantom is on the ground, but I could very well be wrong), and the last setup I noticed was the DJI AVL58 FPV system. Can somebody please explain to me the uses of each component and their purpose, and why you would use one over the other. If you have any recommendations, feel free to add them.

I would like to thank you for reading through all of this, I am just in need of some advise to help straighten my understanding and options out, thank you in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

-PR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic