Help to Identify This

Reaction score
I have recently purchased this booster with no instructions (PO bought it and he has the P3S , it is for a P3A or P3P) and need someone to identify the small card with mini coax cable for me.
The card strip has a self adhesive strip on one side.
I have watched several installation videos for boosters, although there is no mention of this card in the ones I have watched

I can't tell what make that is, but they are range extender antennas of some sort. They require that you take the controller apart and remove the present two stick antennas and their attachment points, then gently remove the mini coaxial connectors from the mother board. This connection will have some white rubber sealant that you will need to remove. I did that with an Exacto knife being super careful to not damage anything in the removal. Then you must unscrew and remove the OEM antenna mounting brackets that were the the originals. Set all these parts aside in a zip lock bag for keeping.
Now you reverse this by attaching the new mounts to the controller and route the coax cables through the new mounts and fit them into their respective connectors on the main board. I coated mine with a glob of glue from my hot glue gun. Finish by screwing on the outer washers and nuts to synch down the New antenna connectors. Then when you get ready to fly, you screw the range extender antennas on their mounts and be sure the clear flat surface is tilted so that it's horizontal to the direction of your drone. These extenders are more directional than the omnidirectional pattern of the OEM ones so be mindful you need to keep the antennas pointed in the direction the drone is in. I have been out a little over 6500 feet with mine when there was no obstructions between the drone and I.
I hope this will explain enough to get you started with this good mod. It sounds daunting I know, but if someone can think it up, make it work, surely we smart drone pilots should be able to reverse engineer
It to make it better. There are only two antenna connections in the motherboard and the length of the new antennas probably dictate which goes where so its not too hard a job to visualize.
Good Luck with your Mod.

tc

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry for the extended how to. Didn't realize you just wanted info on the strip.

What is on the opposite side of the sticky back? And is there any ID anywhere? I have a similar pair but no strip and I have been out 6,300 feet on strictly line of sight eith P3 at 400 feet

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31