Help my p4p is giving me a motor overload message

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for reading this. You guys are always a big help and I appreciate it. So here is what happened I had taken my dog and my p4p to this little park by are house so she runs and plays and I fly around and pretty much play as well haha. But as we where walking back to the car she ran between my legs and I dropped my phantom “maybe 3-4 feet and into a fairly soft flower bed” of course I cringed at the sight but it all look fine. The impact was to one of the front arms and prop and a little bit to the bottom leg. I picked it up and it had potting soil on it I brushed it off took it to the car and cleaned it up and it flys great. But now I get a overload message and my gimbal barley bounces to the right and it makes a slight grind noise when I move it up and down. I so far have tried turning it’s off and taking some caned air and sorting down in the gimbal but this hasn’t helped much. So any ideas you guys have would be great
IMG_1580926866.239299.jpg
IMG_1580926988.307207.jpg
IMG_1580927028.412954.jpg
IMG_1580927057.078522.jpg

Where should I blow it? I’ve tried that but so far no luck. Is there a cover I should take off on the gimbal somewhere?

Reactions: Jim Canada
Is the motor overload warning from your drive Motors running the props? Is it a different problem from your gimbal? If it's a motor. , try spinning them with your finger as fast as you can without the prop on. Then feel for any Grinding or change between one from the other.

May be a little potting soil that got into the motor. Air blower to clean it out.
But most likely make it worse by blowing little particles deeper and deeper into the motor-bearings and other mechanical parts.
Better solution is taking apart to clean or replace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31