Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you moving the switch all the way from the top position all the way to the bottom position (not just middle position)?

You might want to connect to the Assistant software to make sure the full movements of the switch(es) are reflected properly in there.

OI Photography said:
Are you moving the switch all the way from the top position all the way to the bottom position (not just middle position)?

You might want to connect to the Assistant software to make sure the full movements of the switch(es) are reflected properly in there.

Yep: up to down. I crashed the P2 not the remote controller.

JPSLV said:
OI Photography said:

Yep: up to down. I crashed the P2 not the remote controller.

lol I got that, but sometimes the switch registers can slip outside the bounds of the defined ranges for each position. Just trying to think of reasons why it wouldn't let activate calibration mode like normal...that's not a common issue.

Sounds like S1 may be bad in the controller.

The quickest way to test is connect to the assistant and make sure all 3 switch positions are verified as working. Sounds like it is only registering ATTI mode. If the top switch position is not working, it will never enter calibration mode.

Dalite said:
Sounds like S1 may be bad in the controller.

The quickest way to test is connect to the assistant and make sure all 3 switch positions are verified as working. Sounds like it is only registering ATTI mode. If the top switch position is not working, it will never enter calibration mode.

I connect it or the P2 to my computer and the Maza (something like that) and nothing
happens.

HELP! I just bought a phantom 2 vision and I have just completed an update to latest software version. The problem I have is that after calibrating compass pre flight I get 4 green flashes and then rapid red flashes, approx. 8 then I get the 4 green again and so on, what have I done wrong and how do I fix this. Also can someone explain this NAZA thing too me, as you can tell I am relatively green to all this so excuse my naivety. Would really appreciate any help at all, thanks

Hello all,

I am new to the DJI world. I recently purchased a DJI phantom 2 with a GoPro gimbal. I had gotten the hang of flying and felt ready to step up to NAZA. When I enabled NAZA my phantom goes through its regular boot sequence and then it slowly flashes yellow. (I wanted to enable the home point feature). Additionally, I am no longer able to calibrate the compass. I can toggle the right hand switch fast, slow, and as much as I want it will not turn solid yellow. Does anyone have any advice?

Aggghhhhh My Phantom 2 Vision was flying just fine until I read where I should upgrade the firmware. So I did to 2.0. After that it would get about 20 feet up and lose contact with the controller and return home. Today I upgraded to the LATEST firmware thinking that would help. So, 3.0 installed, checked the RC firmware, that's up to date. I took it out to fly and had NO control. It would take off and just drift backwards until crashing into the trees. It flew after that but with the same results. Now I've got nothing; its not responding the remote controller at all. The motors won't start, nada! I've tried turning the remote off and on, tried recycling the drone, nothing seems to help. Can I go back to the previous firmware? It was either 1.8 or 1.9. This is VERY frustrating. To pay $1200 for a toy that refuses to work after only a couple of flights really sucks. If I can't get this working I'll be selling it on eBay very soon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Michael B.

Hello. Ok I am a beginner and new to this forum.

I own a phantom 2.

So I did all the assistant and rc program stuff. Calibration of controls and all that. All successful.
compass also successful.

When I tried to take off first. I noticed that the 2 props at the left side of the aircraft were spinning at a different rev than the ones at the right side of the aircraft. Ok so I continued and when I tried to take off. The phantom would only lean left and hot the ground with the props. No altitude. It would just tip to the left and hot the grass.

Ok so after several attempts I noticed that the left side motors started to rev up a little.

Then I was able to take off.

So later that day. After charging up. I tried again. And this time again the same leaning and hitting the ground to the left. But I decided to push the stick all the way up. So it went up. But it was going to the left without me touching the right stick. So I almost had a fly away. But it hit a tree.

Today the same thing. Taking off but always going to the left. So I was compensating but still landing was difficult. Anyway.

At the 4th attempt again the engines revved up almost like their right side brothers and I was able to fly like nothing happened.

What is happening? I appreciate your time and help
I don't want to destroy my new phantom or lose it with the gimbal

Hi
I recently purchased DJI Phantom 2 vision plus.
after calibrating it, it finds 4 GPS satellites, but as it goes up, like to 30 -40 feets it starts blinking red and yellow, and on the screen it says, compass needs calibration.
I calibrated it several times but the problem was still there. what should I have to do?
I have to say that I crashed it in my second attempt due to this problem, and it hit the ground and the battery just fell off, but it was pretty close to the ground, may be 1-2 meters high.

sepehrj said:
Hi
I recently purchased DJI Phantom 2 vision plus.
after calibrating it, it finds 4 GPS satellites, but as it goes up, like to 30 -40 feets it starts blinking red and yellow, and on the screen it says, compass needs calibration.
I calibrated it several times but the problem was still there. what should I have to do?
I have to say that I crashed it in my second attempt due to this problem, and it hit the ground and the battery just fell off, but it was pretty close to the ground, may be 1-2 meters high.

When you say you've calibrated the compass what exactly did you do? was it the compass dance or did you calibrate it as part of the assistant software when connected to your computer? There's a video on compass calibration http://sharewith.excipere.com that might help.

best of luck

Bmews

Tacophantom said:

I own a phantom 2.

So I did all the assistant and rc program stuff. Calibration of controls and all that. All successful.
compass also successful.

When I tried to take off first. I noticed that the 2 props at the left side of the aircraft were spinning at a different rev than the ones at the right side of the aircraft. Ok so I continued and when I tried to take off. The phantom would only lean left and hot the ground with the props. No altitude. It would just tip to the left and hot the grass.

Ok so after several attempts I noticed that the left side motors started to rev up a little.

So later that day. After charging up. I tried again. And this time again the same leaning and hitting the ground to the left. But I decided to push the stick all the way up. So it went up. But it was going to the left without me touching the right stick. So I almost had a fly away. But it hit a tree.

Today the same thing. Taking off but always going to the left. So I was compensating but still landing was difficult. Anyway.

At the 4th attempt again the engines revved up almost like their right side brothers and I was able to fly like nothing happened.

first things first. you own a phantom 2 what? version1? version 2? vision? vision+?

Make sure you have a good GPS lock. If you have a mobile phone in your pocket, make sure it's wifi is turned OFF. Unless of course you're using it as the screen for your vision/vision+ (if that's what you have).

it sounds as if you're being slightly timid on the controls when powering up. This is not a helicopter. on power up you need to let the motors sit at idle for a few seconds checking for any obvious problems and then just go full throttle until it pops up to about eye level. Let it sit there for a few seconds just to ensure you've really got a reasonable GPS lock. Then, just fly it.

DON'T go near trees, they're magnetic. If you're new to this. Go and find a really big empty field and practice, practice and a little more practice. :)

most of all, just enjoy it.

have fun

Bmews

Voxone said:
Aggghhhhh My Phantom 2 Vision was flying just fine until I read where I should upgrade the firmware. So I did to 2.0. After that it would get about 20 feet up and lose contact with the controller and return home. Today I upgraded to the LATEST firmware thinking that would help. So, 3.0 installed, checked the RC firmware, that's up to date. I took it out to fly and had NO control. It would take off and just drift backwards until crashing into the trees. It flew after that but with the same results. Now I've got nothing; its not responding the remote controller at all. The motors won't start, nada! I've tried turning the remote off and on, tried recycling the drone, nothing seems to help. Can I go back to the previous firmware? It was either 1.8 or 1.9. This is VERY frustrating. To pay $1200 for a toy that refuses to work after only a couple of flights really sucks. If I can't get this working I'll be selling it on eBay very soon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Michael B.

yep, you can go back to the previous firmware. There's plenty of posts if you search on how to do it. Previous versions of the firmware is available http://sharewith.excipere.com/. just pick the version you want run the appropriate assistant and then plug in your phantom. it will say there's an upgrade (because it doesn't know the difference) and then install as appropriate.

You might want to ensure that you recalibrate everything and then just check that it's all set how you want it to be.

hope this helps

Bmews

Ok gracias no problems now..... It just fixed itself.... It Flys normally now..... Well sort off...when It yaw... It drifts..... Does someone know how to fix it?

Tacophantom said:

I own a phantom 2.

compass also successful.

Hi,

i recently bought a phantom 2 vision plus and the bracket holding the camera has bent. i have a new bracket which i can replace myself but i have no idea how to get the "anti drop kit" off. there is 2 plastic pin things but when you push them to close them they wont open again... do i need to break them?

Is anyone else losing their subscriptions? I lost all mine when we went to the new system. They are still shown but I never get an email advisory that a post has been put in one of the watched topics/forums. I just deleted and reset several to see if that is the problem.

Hi
My Phantom 2 does not want to go higher than about 1m. This all started a few weeks ago after it merely started swaying from side to side and dropped about 200m to the ground. It repeated this 3 times more out of 4 flights and during the last one it went up about 20m when it just seemed to lose power and started decending fast. Now it seems incapable of getting off the ground higher than about a meter. I'm fairly new at this and did both basic and advanced calibrations. Replaced the compass, checked that there is no visible damage to the GPS. Had to replace a couple of propellers as before I did the advance calibration the quad just immediately topple over to one side in stead of going up.

Any advice as to what the problem could be will be greatly appreciated as this is extremely frustrating as I have no clue as to what the cause is neither where to look.

No tilt out of the box with H3-3D

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum. I have many phantoms and phantom 2s but just got a new phantom 2 with h3-3d gimbal. I set it up and turned it on to find there is no tilt control for some reason. The radio is working with everything else, but the tilt. Even on the Phantom 2 site I tried to calibrate the x1 channel and there is nothing. I thought maybe the tilt toggle was not connecting with the pot in the radio, but that isn't it. I tried connecting another controller to it, but that wasn't it either. Is there something in the set up that I'm missing? Ive looked on many sites and it looks to me like this gimbal is pretty much plug and play, but mine doesn't seem to be. I don't have a GCU because this gimbal has the sticker saying it's for Phantom 2 only. Anyway, I know this is long winded but I need some help here. Can't figure it out. Can anyone help me. Thanks guys - Morgan

I just got P2V+ in the mail last night direct from DJI. I downloaded the P2V+ Assistant, RC Assistant, upgraded firmware, and calibrated controller and compass. I also have the newest version of the Vision App running on my iPhone 5S.

I took it out this morning for the maiden voyage. Powered on the controller, powered on the Phantom, powered on the wi-fi extender, calibrated the Phantom in an open field, opened the Vision App. My problem is the Vision App won't connect to the Phantom, so I'm not getting any feedback, data, images, or camera control. I power cycled in that order about 4 times before giving up for the morning.

As a novice pilot I don't feel comfortable flying without all the on screen stats and GPS confirmations. I have a Blade 180 XP for flying... I bought the P2V+ to have a different experience with video and photos, so I'm not planning on cutting any corners or risking any flight issues... so, patience I've got ;-)

Any suggestions for this newbie?

My suggestion is use the under-arm indicator lights for GPS and flight ready-ness information and fly with or without OSD or FPV.

First you NEED the flying experience and DON'T need the distraction of looking (or relying) on a monitor screen.

In the mean time you'll figure out the WiFi related stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164