Help for a noob

Well I was having the same problem getting Satellites. I got a replacement bird due to a defective motor and the first bird would pick up 7-10 satellites in front of my house not problem but the replacement could only get 4-5 and 6 if I was lucky. Well I watched the video on adding shielding and I had some copper adhesive back shielding paper and thought I would give it a try. Went out to try to get satellite lock and could only get 4 this evening after waiting 15 minutes. Came right back in the house and took the top off and applied the shielding paper, put her back together and went outside to try. I sat it in the exact same spot and by time I got the wifi connected to my iphone and opened the app, it instantly showed 8 satellites, took off and it jumped to 10 and did not change when I hit record on the app. Soooo, I am a firm believer that adding the shielding does help a lot.

This is what I used and I had it on hand from another project.

http://www.amazon.com/Buzz-Kill-Shieldi ... ding+paper

Rustynuts said:
Well I was having the same problem getting Satellites. I got a replacement bird due to a defective motor and the first bird would pick up 7-10 satellites in front of my house not problem but the replacement could only get 4-5 and 6 if I was lucky. Well I watched the video on adding shielding and I had some copper adhesive back shielding paper and thought I would give it a try. Went out to try to get satellite lock and could only get 4 this evening after waiting 15 minutes. Came right back in the house and took the top off and applied the shielding paper, put her back together and went outside to try. I sat it in the exact same spot and by time I got the wifi connected to my iphone and opened the app, it instantly showed 8 satellites, took off and it jumped to 10 and did not change when I hit record on the app. Soooo, I am a firm believer that adding the shielding does help a lot.

This is what I used and I had it on hand from another project.

http://www.amazon.com/Buzz-Kill-Shieldi ... ding+paper
Handy to know, i think i'm gonna give it a try, just gotta find an equivalent product in the U.K

Ok, I got some aluminium tape from Screwfix here in the UK and as DJI have ignored all my emails, I'm going to have a go at the mod.

My only query is which way should the aluminium tape sit ie I presume on the plastic and the parcel tape (to prevent shorts) sit on top of the aluminium tape so that the parcel tape touches the components inside.

Or is it the other way round?

Edit: forget that, it was easy to work out once I had it all opened up

Ok, completed the mod in about half an hour earlier today.

Went to a friends' field where the most satellite i could get was 5. Went at the same time as a few days ago.

Switch on, BAM - 10 satellites. Pop her into the air, 12 satellites.

The mod works. And it's made my Phantom 2 Vision+ awesome again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik