Help figure out placement

Reaction score
I'm about to install a fpv system and a flytrex live 3g on my phantom 2 and i would like to get some ideas on how to mount everything on the bottom and i don't really like the mount idea for the flytrex live.I have seen some where the video tx was mounted on the inside of the shell,but i'm afraid it would cause interference with the phantom electronics.By the way i have the immersion rc 5.8ghz 600mw.Sorry if this has been covered before,any help would really be appreciated.

Last edited:
You can get lots of ideas for what other people have done by doing google image searches.
There shouldn't be any interference issues with putting things inside the shell.

I'm about to install a fpv system and a flytrex live 3g on my phantom 2 and i would like to get some ideas on how to mount everything on the bottom and i don't really like the mount idea for the flytrex live.I have seen some where the video tx was mounted on the inside of the shell,but i'm afraid it would cause interference with the phantom electronics.By the way i have the immersion rc 5.8ghz 600mw.Sorry if this has been covered before,any help would really be appreciated.

I have placed everything except the TX (transmitter) inside the shell. I'll have to try to remember and share a picture of mine when I get home. I used Velcro to stick the transmitter on the outside.

Don't have flytrex though.

Like already said there are a lot of good ideas out there and several on this forum.

as promised.
IMG_20150415_172514.jpg
IMG_20150415_172531.jpg

Thank you folks for the help,i just have to decide where to mount the flytrex live.

You can fit a vTX and a flytrex 3G underneath behind the gimbal.

Hughie do you have the vTX mounted to the bottom of the flytrex 3g? I ask because i thought about mounting the flytrex 3g and vTX to the bottom of the phantom,but i thought the two might interfere with each other.

Hughie do you have the vTX mounted to the bottom of the flytrex 3g? I ask because i thought about mounting the flytrex 3g and vTX to the bottom of the phantom,but i thought the two might interfere with each other.

No I have them side by side. As I look from the rear I have an Immersion RC vTX on the left and a Flytrex Live on the right. They are held on to the underside of the body using 3M Dual Lock velcro.

If not clear I can post a picture.

That would be great,if you don't mind posting a pic Hughie.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, but hopefully it gets the point over.

flytrexrear.jpg
flytrexunder.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you folks you all have been very helpful,glad i joined!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav