help ASAP bird at 600 ft won't come down

M

mattweikel

All controls work but descend it right above me at 595 and won't descend please help

Also try ATTI mode

Edit: I wouldn't worry too much, as long as it's in a safe location it should descend when the battery gets low

Should be down now.

Reactions: IflyinWY
No crash , jerk. Slowly descended on its own till about 20 feet and then I was able to control it as usual for a hand catch. I don't understand this thing sometimes. I always to a compass calibration before each flight and a imu calibration every couple of days. Am I missing something?

Why did you think it was not descending?

she does not like the way U treat her!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Feed her with a nice view and shoot some videos so she can be happy posting them to us and fly back to U:p:p:p:p:p:p
Glad that you got her back, a little humor on so many Negative posts
Have a nice Men weekend and fill the heck out of that sd card for long lasting Memories

Well I had it about 8500 feet or so which I usually take it out to about 11000 and I noticed my altitude was moving between 594 and 596 I normally keep it around 500 so I tried to lower the altitude and it would not do anything . It just keep staying between 594 and 596 . I tried this for maybe 30 seconds but I still had all other movements and the fpv was solid. So I decided it would be best to get closer to home so I could at least watch it. The entire 4 minute flight back I could not get the altitude lower. Once it was above my head I put the controller down and grabbed my phone to ask for help. The bird hovered above me for maybe 1 minute and then completely on its own began to descend. But I still had control but as soon as I let go of the sticks it would continue to descend. I did 3 or 4 different maneuvers just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I had about 60% battery when all this started and about 28% when I landed. I'm kind of confused about this one.

No crash , jerk. Slowly descended on its own till about 20 feet and then I was able to control it as usual for a hand catch. I don't understand this thing sometimes. I always to a compass calibration before each flight and a imu calibration every couple of days. Am I missing something?

curious, why the name calling?

You said it was at 600 feet and would not come down....... they simply pointed out the obvious...

anyhow RTH will go to preset height and either wait or land , depends on setting in assistant...

really no need to do the cals all the time. once set and if nothing happens to change things, your good.

read up on low battery settings also once battery is bellow 50% it can drop real fast

if it did go into low battery just flip S1 from gps -to atti- to gps and you have flight controls back

Thanks for the advice! ! I'm not sure how getting excited about the possibility of someone crashing and wanting to see pictures of it is helpful. And explain to me how it is also stating the obvious.

Matt, I really happy you recovered your bird!!

I had a similar experience, but was able to figure out what went wrong with the help some fellow members here. I had failed to properly secure an antenna cable in the RC--in other words operator error. I got lucky!

I am more than a little concerned over some posts that appear designed solely to provoke other members. It might do some good for those combative and arrogant posters to remember that every single one of us had a first flight with their Phantom.

Good post Marg2!

You're kidding right? You seriously can't see how saying "it will come down when the battery is flat", is stating the obvious?!?!

Ezook reread the thread before you make any more comments. And you will see that my comment was posted to the guy that wanted to see crash pictures.

Ezook reread the thread before you make any more comments. And you will see that my comment was posted to the guy that wanted to see crash pictures.

I saw who it was aimed at. I think you misread his comments about crash pictures, he was clearly saying it tongue-in-cheek in a humorous manner, and you jumped straight to being offended. My reply above is aimed at your comment to him saying you don't see how it stated the obvious. And I still don't see how you don't see the obvious.

blank stare.png
....Ok then.......
good bad ugly.gif

Reactions: Tilak and IflyinWY
OMG300.jpg

Stop yelling, we can hear you in OT.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the advice! ! I'm not sure how getting excited about the possibility of someone crashing and wanting to see pictures of it is helpful. And explain to me how it is also stating the obvious.

matt

the obvious to most of us is that the quad WILL come down! its called gravity and dead battery.

Please read your thread title to understand that !

you offered no info until well into the thread as to specifics
You do seem a bit touchy , if you are going to fly these you will find a little humor will help when the crap hits the fan...

I stand by my advice to use s1 to regain control , rather than attack , learn

and I still think the name calling was not really needed nor defendable

good luck and have fun flying!

Can I be any more clear my comment was directed to one person. The person who said" in for crash pictures". I never questioned what would happen when the battery would be out of power. Because yes it would automatically land that is very obvious.

This neighborhood really is going to the dogs. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic