Hello from New Mexico!

Sounds good, what are any of you new mexico residents thoughts on flying near the V.L.A. that would make for some nice video I would think :)

Yeah there are lots of areas I want to fly in, making time to do so is the hard part. :D

I have made a few videos, nothing to awesome yet.

Sounds good, what are any of you new mexico residents thoughts on flying near the V.L.A. that would make for some nice video I would think :)

That would be awesome.. I wonder if it would be possible ? I'm not down that way but someone near that area should do it and post it up.

http://www.enchantmentaerials.com
Has some pretty sick shots from the northern area. They are based out of Santa Fe.

I worked up in Raton on contract work and got to see some amazing country but unfortunately never owned a drone while I was there. Wagon Mound and Santa Fe would be sweet to fly. It doesn't surprise me that someone would shoot first then ask questions later out there.

Reactions: BigClur
Yeah new mexico is pretty relaxed about most things that's one of it's greatest appeals to me is the freedom we enjoy in this state compared to others and also the sunsets :) as far as the V. L. A. goes I'll do it lol I live in socorro but we have property in Datil so we drive through the VLA whenever we go out there, I'll get some footage and pics next time I drive through to post here. Yeah I agree Raton would be another nice area to film it's gorgeous up there, most northern NM is.

Cool vids BigClur :) gotta love those crisp clean NM skies, how did you get audio on them? I didn't know some quads have a mic? I'm such a noob still lol

Cool vids BigClur :) gotta love those crisp clean NM skies, how did you get audio on them? I didn't know some quads have a mic? I'm such a noob still lol
I'm using a zenmuse h3-2d with gopro 3+.. It's a awesome Lil camera but I have no control, I have to tell it to record. Hence the audio, looking back I wish I would of waited a bit and got a p2v+ or p3, I'm tempted to sell my stuff and upgrade.

Just wanted to say hello, I have been lurking around and decided to register now that I have purchased my uav.
I purchased a used P2v, I feel I got a decent deal, came with T-Motor upgrades, IOSDmini, Zenmuse h3-2d, 5.8ghz transmitter, and a Monitor oh and box of spare rotors and misc cables and bolts and parts. Paid 340$.. only caveat were the batteries were shot and would of been nice if he would of just said so.
I got lucky and met someone who had batteries and a spare p2v for parts. :D

I decided to test the batteries yesterday and just fly around the open field in front of my house, worked great! and I can't wait to learn more and have more fun.

On another note.. one of the neighbors decided to have some target practice while I was testing.. luckily bullet went in and out and missed all the vitals.. still sucks, and unfortunately I wasn't recording and I don't remember my orientation when I heard the gunshot.
14670742_1497732666908793_7625051605316927260_n.jpg
Man l'd be pissed, were you recording to maybe tell what direction it came from?

I'm using a zenmuse h3-2d with gopro 3+.. It's a awesome Lil camera but I have no control, I have to tell it to record. Hence the audio, looking back I wish I would of waited a bit and got a p2v+ or p3, I'm tempted to sell my stuff and upgrade.
Well Black Friday is coming up I bet the p3's will be a heck of a deal then :)

Can't believe it missed everything! Looks like a small entrance hole, l'm guessing 22 rifle.

Can't believe it missed everything! Looks like a small entrance hole, l'm guessing 22 rifle.
Well New Mexico is an open carry state maybe when launching your drone if ya had a sidearm straped to your hip people may think twice before taking shots at the drone, course that depends on if the ones shooting at it see you launch and know your armed lol.

Well New Mexico is an open carry state maybe when launching your drone if ya had a sidearm straped to your hip people may think twice before taking shots at the drone, course that depends on if the ones shooting at it see you launch and know your armed lol.
They would definitely think twice if you had one strapped to the bird! lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl