Hello fellow Phantom Pilots

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Sam. I wanted to introduce myself and show you my first two videos. I am based in the Nashville, TN area. I have owned a Vision [(stock) I'm waiting, among many, for my Rotorpixel] for about 3 months. I am new to RC anything and am absolutely loving the DJI Phantom. I find it very easy to fly and it's uses uncountable.
I have just recently (within the last week) begun to attempt to shoot video so don't be too harsh! :)

The first video is a bad attempt. I didn't know how to render in HD.
The second is a little better. It is only edited with warp stabilizer. Once again, I'm waiting on the gimbal. It can't come soon enough!

I tried to use the 'youtube' option to import my videos but no luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHQXTH5JUKM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRsLRyfY8UE

I hope you enjoy!

-Sam

Welcome! Im new to the Phantom as well so I dont have a bunch of useful tips to share or anything LOL. Just wanted to say hey from a guy a few states north of you. I just got my P1.1.1 a few weeks ago. I have shot some video but due to lack of time have done no editing of it. Gonna pick up a gimbal soon and try to keep bettering my filming (its only a hobby for me) and my flying. I figure the best thing for me is stick time....the more I practice the better i will become at it. Plus its fun so its not like im suffering while doing it LOL

Hello Grant and welcome!

What software are you using to edit your video in?

Hi Sam - and anyone else reading this. My name's Ron and I'm from Derbyshire in the UK.

I got my Phantom dji fc-40 a few weeks ago so I'm still very green and hide behind big "L" plates

Last year I sampled of fpv using a well known bird ("Pretty Polly - Pretty Polly" - "Shut up Polly - I'm not being complimentary about you") but found her difficult to control using a tablet and almost unpredictable when flying over uneven ground such as steep embankments etc.

Since I got my phantom I've flown it a few times, both near home and in the N of Scotland and found it to be very easy to control, even over quite rough terrain such as near the harbour mouth on the R Thurso.

Today I even ventured to try the "return to home" and, whilst standing there having kittens, was satisfied that she came back (almost) to take off position and landed quite nicely.

I suppose that my biggest problem at present is seeing the camera view using my camera phone and this evening I've made the Mk1 viewing hood for my phone from cardboard. Can't wait to see if it's effective.

Hopefully going to get a little more flying in over the next few days.

Any more members in the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire/S Yorkshire area?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj