Hell and Back -- Melting Props! :(

Same here, I am chalking this one up to 3 party product failure! As you can see in the pics, those things melted to the shaft! It is smooth and no threads, the plastic has melted in to them, So for sure something got hot. End of the day ($100-120 repair) and my time, I can take one apart and put it back together (in less time).

So then you'll be doing the "less than 5 minutes" video?? Just kidding... glad it's all back together...

Reactions: John A. Rogers
When I hear these stories I think that the $65/hour or whatever DJI charges is a GREAT deal! I think I'll just keep sending them in. :)

Normally if the motor got that hot it would met the shell also. The props less likely than the shell as it has more air movement. I'd double check that old motor and prop residue. Also verify the motor mount holes in the shell that they weren't damaged.

Is that what you call them?? ;)

I think her tweeters might really lessen the stress too.

I would love to see your pictures, but post #1 just names them - no links attached - at least in chrome browser her. repost please?

PS: nice website. good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does the motor mount on the bottom of the motor look bent.

Great article mate and did make me chuckle ( not at you but your funny comments ) handy stuff to know !

Great article mate and did make me chuckle ( not at you but your funny comments ) handy stuff to know !

Hey Thanks Mate!

Good job! Now you should be qualified to do a P2V+ shell change. I had a motor in one of my P2V+ that burned up the windings in flight. Luckily it crashed in soft grass in the inverted position from about 100ft. Replaced the shell, the bad motor and as a precaution the esc. But there wasn't any evidence of heat damage to the motor threads or prop. The motor however was thoroughly cooked and had locked up.

Did you check the windings on your motor? Did they look cooked? Hard to explain how that could happen unless the prop was just some overpriced junker. The only other explanation that I can think of is that the top motor bearing started binding. That could generate that kind of heat.

Reactions: John A. Rogers
Good job! Now you should be qualified to do a P2V+ shell change. I had a motor in one of my P2V+ that burned up the windings in flight. Luckily it crashed in soft grass in the inverted position from about 100ft. Replaced the shell, the bad motor and as a precaution the esc. But there wasn't any evidence of heat damage to the motor threads or prop. The motor however was thoroughly cooked and had locked up.

Did you check the windings on your motor? Did they look cooked? Hard to explain how that could happen unless the prop was just some overpriced junker. The only other explanation that I can think of is that the top motor bearing started binding. That could generate that kind of heat.

I do not own a P2V, but I am sure I could tear down and put back together. I am unsure about the motor, it is water under the bridge at this point. Here is my rig all back together. I did a 2+ mile test last night and all was well. When the weather breaks (Hurricane churning up rain on the E. Coast) I will check the range of the antenna extender booster. That was an easy install, 30 minutes to make that mod.

Great thing, is the wifey get's her table back (9 months preggo, she has been a little bitchy).

Cheers!
mailto:[email protected]
www.droneflyers.com

2015-10-01 06.10.10.jpg 2015-10-01 06.25.26.jpg 2015-09-26 21.28.20.jpg 2015-09-26 21.28.02.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav