Heliports

Reaction score
If I fly my drone in a heliport zone will I get in trouble? On AirMap it shows that I am in a heliport zone but the zone is super big and I’m towards the edge.

Are you flying commercially or recreationally? Is there an office and/or a phone number to the mgr of the heliport? My action would be to contact the heliport operator and let them know you'll be flying on the edge of their airspace, at what altitude and exactly where. As a part 107 pilot, I believe that's all you are responsible to do. I also ensure that I keep my ears peeled and my eyes peeled (you'll hear a copter before you see it), for any traffic and be ready to return to home ASAP if helicopter traffic comes near. I hardly ever fly recreationally, so I can't speak to my actions in that instance. I believe I would need to get permission for a recreational flight. Someone please correct me if I'm missing the recreational regs.

I just got a phantom 3se and I’m am flying recreationally in the USA. If I fly in the heliports airspace and a helicopter comes past and sees the drone would I get in trouble

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic