Height limits (in reverse)

• Thread starter Deleted member 120647
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 120647

So far my scenic flying tends to be from coastal cliff tops, I am wondering whether or not the takeoff point height would reset if I landed at the cliff bottom or what resets that height?
A couple of the local cliffs would threaten or breech the 400ft limit. I have seen a 'height' over -100m so far and that is not from the taller cliffs nor getting close to ground level. Yes I know I can raise the ceiling to 500m but I am curious as to what action resets the take off point height.

And NO this is NOT an attempt to climb a mountain etc. in steps.

It also prompts the question, where are the 'constraints' stored i.e. on the drone or the controller or the viewing device or some combination of the three?

I am wondering whether or not the takeoff point height would reset if I landed at the cliff bottom or what resets that height?
... I am curious as to what action resets the take off point height.
Find a suitable spot with a 20 ft difference and do a little testing.
It also prompts the question, where are the 'constraints' stored i.e. on the drone or the controller or the viewing device or some combination of the three?
Things that the drone has to have access to even if signal is lost must be stored in the drone.
That includes RTH height, Max Altitude and Loss of Signal Action.

Meta4, with regards to testing, good point.
With regards to storage place I can see the need for RTH Height and Loss of Signal Action to be stored on the drone but are you sure about the Max Altitude? I am not being argumentative, I do have reasons for asking.

I have done this. I was in a survey, where they needed to know the height of the embankment. Since it was really steep and we didn't want to put anyone at risk, I decided to land my Phantom at the bottom. Once I landed and turned off the motors. Then took off and it started counting from take off point. Hope it helps.

With regards to storage place I can see the need for RTH Height and Loss of Signal Action to be stored on the drone but are you sure about the Max Altitude? I am not being argumentative, I do have reasons for asking.
When you set max altitude as a limit or for RTH, you do so on the Go 4 app, but those instructions are sent to the drone and remain there until you change it. If the drone loses connection with the remote and Go 4 app, then it must know the exact parameters you set for that specific flight. There are places where a 150' RTH height limit will suffice, but there are places that you need the 400' limit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav