Healthy Drone Question

Reaction score
How do I interpret the battery cell info ??
Look at cell #1, what does the 29.3 number mean
and what is it telling me ??

The big issues are the Major voltage deviations. If you have multiple minor voltage deviations (as most all cells do) but no major deviations, just keep an eye on the battery. Once you get into very high levels of minor deviation (way above what you have shown) you may start to see large numbers of major deviations in that same cell. Once you have multiple flights showing high numbers of multiple deviations in the same cell (more than 10 or so a minute) time to retire or warranty that battery to DJI.

Basically what these numbers are showing are significant differences between the way the cells are releasing their energy.

I get the same from what of my batteries too.. keep an eye on it.. the site is a great tool to review flight data after flying for detecting any anomalies. This make the hobby that more interesting...

29.3 means that this cell is degrading very fast. Currently it degrades by 0.293 volt every cycle compared to the best cell. It is approaching red zone faster than others.

Can anyone make a suggestion at what point I ask for warranty ??
Assuming a given battery is still under warranty.

29.3 means that this cell is degrading very fast. Currently it degrades by 0.293 volt every cycle compared to the best cell. It is approaching red zone faster than others.

Sorry but this is incorrect information. 29.3 is the per minute average number of .01v deviations between cell one and the other cells in the pack. While this sounds terrifying, it is fairly normal and well within operational parameters.

Can anyone make a suggestion at what point I ask for warranty ??
Assuming a given battery is still under warranty.
Gregg. I have had two batteries warrantied by DJI. I sent them in when I noticed at least 10 MAJOR deviations per minute in one cell. Coincidently both bad cells were cell 1.

I would contact DJI whenever your comfort zone is breached by some solid evidence of significant Major Deviations.

Jeff,
At what number to you send in your battery for warranty ??

818-234-0789. DJI US support.

My battery that came with the P3P shows 33.7 on cell #1 but that apps is indicating that its within spec.

I bought another battery and charged it and flew it, it shows 1.8 , 0, 0, 2.3

not many flights on these batteries so I am keeping an eye on the levels

Sorry,
I meant to ask,
What number on an individual cell to you want to contact DJI for warranty ??
Mine is at 29.3 on cell #1, what is your suggestion ??

There is no cut and dried rule but here is the Healthy Drones analysis of my last battery that DJI immediately agreed to warranty. Notice that the Minor cell voltage deviations are NOT as important as the uniformity and frequency of Major cell deviations.

Battery.jpg

I'm curious. Have you guys noticed how many times people have posted pictures of their Healthy Drones battery voltage readouts asking if it's an issue? Maybe it's just me, but it feels like cell 1 shows red in like 90% of those posts. Would that be expected behavior for a lipo cell 1, or perhaps something that needs to be tweaked in the Healthy Drones code?

Reactions: Donw35
Although I have had most of my deviations in Cell 1 I also noticed them in cells 2 and 4. I guess that if the problem were actually an analytical one produced by HealthyDrones, DJI would refuse to warranty the batteries. In both cases that I had, once I sent my HealthyDrones print outs to DJI they immediately issued a "Swap Part" RMA#. (the RMA number has a SP at the end). Based on this alone, I believe the HD analytics to be correct.
As to why cell 1 has the most deviations, I believe it could be anything from heat dissipation to buggy Smart Battery programming but one thing is for sure DJI isn't willing to let you continue to fly a "bad battery" and later claim the resultant crash was because of DJIs negligence.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl