Headed to the Big Island of Hawaii with P3 -Tips, Cautions...

Reaction score
Hi all, headed to Hawaii with my P3. Checked with TSA at my local airport,no concerns with bringing it as a carry on.

Wanted to get any/all tips and cautions from this who have traveled with their P3, and possibly flown on the islands.

Thanks,
Mark.

Hey Mark,

Have now travelled with my P3 alot. No issue on any of the 5 airlines I flew on. Went so far as to check with each airline on the first trip, and their safety department said the 3 batteries I was carrying were well under the maximum limit.

My only issue was customs in one of the locations. Enjoy.

Fyi - shots from that trip

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

You won't have issues taking it through TSA. Make sure to CARRY ON your lipos per baggage rules, this includes your RC since it's got an internal lipo. Avoid volcanoes national park unless you want to get Tazed like this person
KHNL

I live on the Big Island and have never had problems flying. Just use common sense. Don't fly next to the airports and don't fly in the National Parks. Technically, you can fly in the Parks, but you can't take off and land in them. But, I don't even bother. This will show if there are any TFRs in place TFR Data Elements

Feel free to contact me if you have more questions and I can give you a lot more information!

Greg

Reactions: Ti22
Thanks all, looking forward to the trip and a bit less concerned now. [emoji1]

Mark.

Hey Mark,

Have now travelled with my P3 alot. No issue on any of the 5 airlines I flew on. Went so far as to check with each airline on the first trip, and their safety department said the 3 batteries I was carrying were well under the maximum limit.

My only issue was customs in one of the locations. Enjoy.

Fyi - shots from that trip

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Great video!

Thanks for sharing.

Mark.

Reactions: ropate
I'm headed to the big island on Thursday for 5 weeks. Will definitely be flying a bunch. I traveled a lot with my P2V+ in my pelican 1510 case but just got the P3P on Black Friday. Looking forward to my trip.

Watch the winds over the mountains on OAHU, not sure on which island your going to. Enjoy and post a few videos

P3 gets her first inspection before flight [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449765969.168069.jpg

Yikes!!! Thanks for the tip [emoji1].

Mark.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl