Headed to Pensacola Beach for the Blue Angels, taking my P2

Reaction score
No, I will not be one of "those" people. I wonder how many I will see. I was there about a month ago and watched a guy with an Inspire take off from the Hilton courtyard and fly out over the beach and yes, the place was packed.

Hoping to head up the beach road, away from civilization, to get some time over some of the most beautiful beaches anywhere.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
You might want to check if they filed a flight plan, that will tell you the airspace they want to occupy.

Those suckers go real low at times and I have witnessed this first hand, being scared ****-less while sunbathing on a Naval Air Station field.

The Blue Angels do survey flights for a few days before their actual shows. Many times, you can't hear them coming. Always fun to watch them fly.

They are practicing Friday and the show is Saturday. I have no intention of being in the air those days. Whatever space they want to occupy, have at it boys. My original plan was to stop well east of P'cola on the way in and fly but then found out there was a practice. I'd rather watch that and fly Sunday and Monday.

Reactions: Ti22
They always put on a great show. Go Navy and Marines!

Reactions: Marlin009
They always put on a great show. Go Navy and Marines!

Watched the rehearsal today. First time for me. Holy ****!!! Unbelievable.
One of those thing you have to see, it can't be described and do it justice.

The Blue Angels do survey flights for a few days before their actual shows. Many times, you can't hear them coming. Always fun to watch them fly.
I can testify to that ! Scared da heck [not what I wanted to say ] out of me :eek:

The stories I could tell you guys -- Once A Thunderbird, Always A Thunderbird! B/As and T/Bs always play up the rivalry between the two teams but we are as close to "brothers" as you can get. USAFADS Thunderbirds 1980-82.

Reactions: Marlin009
My in laws lived two miles from NAS. We use to love watching them practice all the time. Pretty cool.

Drove up the beach and flew a couple of batteries. Storms started to pop up so I was cut a little short.
In all my excitement I forgot to do a compass calibration. What an idiot! I had been thinking about it and knew I need to but completely forgot until after I had landed from my second flight. Everything seemed to be ok, a little more drift than normal but I thought it was the breeze at the time. STOOPID!! I'm guessing around 250 miles from my last cal. LOL.

Oh well, planning to head back tomorrow, it should be empty.

Oh yeah, the view of the airshow from our 10th floor balcony did not suck! :cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
I flew from San Francisco to Laos, and flew my P2V+ for three 8 minute flights, the first 2 flights were feet-wet over the Mekong River, before remembering to calibrate. Everything worked perfectly, including RTH.

The Blue Angels are impressive and the F/A18s are cool, but it would be even more impressive if they did the same show flying six C130s.

V__6ED4.jpg
I flew from San Francisco to Laos, and flew my P2V+ for three 8 minute flights, the first 2 flights were feet-wet over the Mekong River, before remembering to calibrate. Everything worked perfectly, including RTH.

The Blue Angels are impressive and the F/A18s are cool, but it would be even more impressive if they did the same show flying six C130s.

That would work for me. :cool:

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers