HDMI

Reaction score
I have a 4 pro on its way and received a hdmi module from DJI and it says on the box phantom 3 can I use it on my 4 pro?
ae73173ae496ec3673d7252c35af3e72.jpg

This module was originally made for Phantom 3 and is compatible with P4P.

Thanks for your answers, would anyone install it right off the bat or wait till later? I know an update is required after install.

Before you even install the HDMI module, check your firmware number of the RC and make note of it (Probably best to record ALL the version numbers once you get it too.). Do all your registration stuff too and maybe fly it around prior to installing the HDMI as well to see if any bugs exist, and if your phone/tablet screen isn't breaking up into green/red/or black lines indicating video lag (Could occur with Android devices in general, especially Samsung!).

If the video is good and not breaking up, then install the HDMI module. Once installed, see what happens to the RC firmware numbers and if they changed to a "+" sign at the end of it. Notice too if it now asks for a new firmware update as well. I'd avoid doing that as you might have to roll-back if you did if your video is now breaking up. Been there. Done that. Something just isn't right with the RC 1.80 version I moved to that began breaking up badly with the HDMI module. The HDMI video was clean to the goggles, but the screen was breaking up bad which it never did prior to the installation, hence the roll-back.

Sometimes it's best to ignore the DJI notices to update, imho. GO is becoming so bloated (M'kay, Android apps too!) you're soon gonna need a Cray super-computer to run it well. ;)

That sounds like great advice, I will be using a iPad mini 2 and I agree if the birds flying well with the current firmware maybe leave well enough alone. I really appreciate your input, I'm currently fly a 3 standard and I'm looking forward to the 4 pro and a pair of Glyphs. Thanks again.

I installed the HDMI output module on my P4P remote controller. All is working just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20