HDMI OSD Azimuth Question

Reaction score
Looking forward to getting a set of Headplay goggles to use with my HDMI equipped P3P. However, I have one question on interpreting the OSD symbols in the HDMI display (not the DJI GO app).
Does anyone know of a manual with key or legend describing what each symbol means for the Phantom / Inspire OSD? I've found manuals for an earlier iOSD model, but the displayed info is different than what is on the Phantom 3 Pro HDMI display.
Specifically, what does the Azimuth number refer to? I know it is not the actual compass heading, but it could be some sort of bearing to home point.
Having not flown with it yet, I have to rely on other videos to figure out it's function.
Thanks

I believe it is a compass (azimuthal) number based on your home position. Trying to visualize my set up right now.

Azimuth is the angle on a horizontal surface between home point - North with home point - P3 location.

In short it tells you where you are wrt north. Please ensure your P3 s compass is properly calibrated else you will get lost in the sky.

One needs a practice and understanding of telemetry to determine the position of your p3 when you use Goggles. There is no compass on RC to create a radar for you.

Sorry, still confused…
1. I assume it is based on true north and not magnetic north.
2. I assume it does not refer to the current heading or course of the P3.
3. Then the Azimuth number the P3's bearing to the home point based on the home point's relation to true north?

An example would do wonders…
If the P3 is due South of the home point in relation to true North, what would the Azimuth indication be: 0° (To) or 180° (From)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic