Have you CRASHED? Did your battery fall out?

Thanks to those that have commented on their battery falling out on a crash. Sounds like it is very common. I would prefer mine to stay in on a crash so I'm going to look for a way to secure it safely.
Any final thoughts from anyone one on:
Make it stay in
Or
Let it fall out

The LiPo battery in the Phantom 3 is structured far differently than the "common" LiPo battery. My fear is that if you tie-wrap or in some other way secure the battery, in the event of a serious crash, the battery, instead of falling out, will either be destroyed or get smashed in the wreck and start a fire - or all of the above!

I personally (after two crashes) think the battery falling out is not so bad. Look at race cars: while all those pieces are flying off, experts are talking about released energy vs kinetic energy and how all that energy being released is beneficial to the driver. If your Phantom slams into something and the battery doesn't fall out, that pound or two will probably do no good.

I think people are missing the point a little here, the thing is NOT TO CRASH...
Don't fly within say 100m of ANYTHING that you can crash into. Wide open spaces guys.
As we have been saying the phantom is ready to fly out of the box but YOU ARE NOT.
Please just take the time on your own with nobody around to distract you and learn how to fly and how your phantom moves. We are saying this with countless of hours of flying under our belts and thousands of comments that we help out on in this forum alone. We know what we are talking about. When you get 50 hours flying under your belt you will understand this and will then be able to help out the new generation of p4 fliers.
You will not have crashes in a few months and maybe never have a crash again if you heed our advice.
Happy and safe flying lads.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair