Has your Phantom ever been harassed by birds?

Reaction score
This has happened on several occassions. My phantom has attracted quite a few birds who circle and try to intimidate it. Not that they actually do anything and I'm sure they would come of second best. It can't be good sticking your beak into high speed fan blades. Obviously a territorial thing. It actually quite amusing to watch.

I had a flight a couple of weeks ago where I kept getting dive bombed by nesting sea birds, it was because I was flying over the nesting site I guess, so not wanting to disturb them I moved only to be circled by 2 buzzard's which continually moved in on me, would have been a mess if they had swooped in. I only had the go pro on a 5 second interval picture so only got one decent picture of the buzzard.

G0010111.jpg

Yes,
I actually was following 2 hawks ( kitty hawks ) a pair I believe, as they were constantly communicating to each other through screeches! Was not trying to interfere in any way, just thought they were cool, one landed on the ground in a neighbors front yard,
So I went in for a closer look, when hawk #2, goes into a full dive right at my phantom, breaking off pursuit inches away from it, so I got the hell out of there, a) did not want to crash my phantom due to psychotic suicide bombing bird!
B) did not want to hurt the birds or disturb them, although looks like I did disturb them!

But that is the only time I had an attack, I have flown circles with vultures in a huge thermal, but they did not seem to mind,
As they flew with the phantom, as if they accepted it into their group ? Kinda weird!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot. )

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj