Has this video been posted?

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can not wait to go back and take some of my own footage! Santorini is such a beautiful island

Hmmm. I'm actually very underwhelmed by the apparent quality of the camera. Some lens and color distortion on the edges, flat contrast, blah color... ??

Beautiful footage. Interesting that it was shot in 4k but rendered in 1080p. (This is why I preordered the Advanced model...even those shooting 4k aren't bothering to use it yet! ;-)).

Looks good to me but could probably use a little bump in saturation in post edit. So many factors that we don't know about as well like what video settings was the pilot using, Everything set to Auto? Who knows.

I ordered the P3A myself because I won't be working in 4k at all.

The YouTube video plays in 720p and, of course, YouTube adds compression. Nevertheless, I can see much more detail than I would have seen in raw video from my P2V. I compared one scene with cars in it to a similar scene I had recorded from about the same distance. In the P2V video, you can tell the cars are cars, but they are blurry and indistinct. In the P3 video, the cars look sharp. You can't read the license plates on the cars in the P3 video, but you can tell that they have license plates which isn't obvious in the P2V video.

I still see some stair-stepping as the camera's auto-exposure adjusts, but it's not anything like the annoying abrupt changes with the P2V.

All in all, I'm impressed. The video is much better than from the P2V.

Darn it. :)

-- Roger

Beautiful footage. Interesting that it was shot in 4k but rendered in 1080p. (This is why I preordered the Advanced model...even those shooting 4k aren't bothering to use it yet! ;-)).
The fact that it's shot in 4k makes a difference even if the final output is 1080p - partly due to Chroma sub sampling I believe - each pixel has more data in the end. 4:4:4 instead of 4:4:2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_subsampling

Found another video I hadn't seen

Found another video I hadn't seen
I switched this feed to 4K and it was GREAT, the P2 doesn't even have a dog in this race, very nice. This was uploaded in 4K (other one wasn't) and can be streamed so if you change the setting (and have a fast net connection)

Got married over in Santorini, my favourite of all the greek islands I've been too. Wish i'd have had my P2V+ when i got the bus to Oia...

New one from Multicopter Warehouse.
I like how they fly right into the store at the end.
The video is a little flat and washed out looking but looks ideal for a bit of tweaking.

Reactions: allentc2

Another one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31