Has anyone used Drone Base?

tried out the new DroneBase app yesterday. Tried the "Just Fly" in my back yard. Something to keep in mind (may have been from my ignorance), when i closed out and went back into the DJI Go app it said Disconnected. Same going into Litchi.

Restarted the drone and was able to reconnect.

The last 2 client jobs they emailed me were in C or D airspace, hate to have to turn them down
Be careful on this, exactly what I was warning the rest of us. They mean well, but in the end, if you don't already have waivers in the areas, I have no idea how they promote getting shots done so fast basically anywhere in the states.

Reactions: rstekeur
I let them know it was Class C and I couldn't do it, they thanked me for letting me know. Ultimately it's our responsibility for checking, It was a top dollar job compared to a lot of them. I bet the broker tried other places and hoped they would get someone that didn't care. I need to look into getting a blanket waiver I hate missing on these.

31 paid pano missions $651.00
The other Half of the missions either sold before negotiations or realtor was not interested. Running at 50% right now.
You learn which realtors always come through.
I fly at lunch, and on the way home.
Bored weekends are not that at all. It's not a get rich venture but you have more confidence to take jobs and have learned skills that will make the other jobs much easier.

Just used the in-app fly feature. A couple thoughts
1. NEED auto pano makes it a lot easier and consistent. Nothing worse than doing a mission and finding out later you didn't have enough overlay.
2. you have to have a freshly formatted card without a lot of files on it otherwise, it won't work I'm told this is a hardware limitation.
3. uploading now if you want to use your data you can upload over cell just keep in mind for me 1 mission is about 160mbs so that will use up some data. I was able to turn my drone off and when I got to wifi was able to turn everything back on and upload.
4.Upload speed....I made the mistake of taking pano tiles while still in the "beauty shot" category there's no way to delete photos once they've been taken. So while uploading it seemed to take about 5ish minutes just to upload the beauty category. But once it got to the pano section the upload speed up drastically so maybe they are taking higher res for the beauty shots and lower for the pano tiles since they are going to be stitched anyway.
5. They need to add some data overlays like altitude and distance etc I use that to try and get consistent panos (mavics generally about 100ft up and 100ft away) oh and lastly my phone likes to go to sleep while in the middle of the mission.

This is new so of course, they still have a lot to work on but it but it is making doing pano missions a lot more appealing!

Reactions: 2nd2non
I tried to use the app yesterday and Db crashed and left me hanging at 100 ft.
So there is no automatic 360 pano maker?
I thought would be the reason to have that app.
Thanks for the research.

I would be nice to have a pano function, but after the first couple they're pretty easy. As long as you don't forget the straight down shot like I did once

according to the blog post there is not a pano feature, but they have passed it along to their team
DroneBase - Fly and Upload with the New DroneBase Pilot App
I use dronepan and it works about 95% of the time now. Every once in a while it misses a corner, but I think that happens more because of wind or the drone shifting but it makes it super easy because after I take the beauty shots, I start up Dronepan and it does all the rest for me.

I let them know it was Class C and I couldn't do it, they thanked me for letting me know. Ultimately it's our responsibility for checking, It was a top dollar job compared to a lot of them. I bet the broker tried other places and hoped they would get someone that didn't care. I need to look into getting a blanket waiver I hate missing on these.
Don't turn them down. If you have a 107, call ATC and get clearance to fly. It is pretty simple. They just need to know that you are flying. It is no different than any airplane entering the airspace. The ATC it's fairly easy to deal with, a lot easier than getting a waiver 90 days in advance.

Don't turn them down. If you have a 107, call ATC and get clearance to fly. It is pretty simple. They just need to know that you are flying. It is no different than any airplane entering the airspace. The ATC it's fairly easy to deal with, a lot easier than getting a waiver 90 days in advance.
I'll try that next time but from what I've been reading ATC has been instructed to tell us to go through the portal. I hated to turn down a $250 job. I'm doing a client job at lunch tomorrow so instead of sitting in my office I'll go out and shot an Applebee's

I have read through the posts on this site. Decided to give Dronebase a shot. I think some of the previous comments are true when they say they try to real you in with the first couple missions you do. Did 2 to try it out got paid for both. Did 5 more and have seen no money since. Hopefully they get sold but if not what can you do.

I have read through the posts on this site. Decided to give Dronebase a shot. I think some of the previous comments are true when they say they try to real you in with the first couple missions you do. Did 2 to try it out got paid for both. Did 5 more and have seen no money since. Hopefully they get sold but if not what can you do.

same position. got paid for my first two jobs and nothing since.

I started last week. First mission - $19. Free case of beer for doing something I love! I shot 4 more yesterday and all have processed. We'll see. Honestly, if any pay out I'll be happy. DB gives me another reason to get control time and build a portfolio. If they buy me a case of beer here and there, just icing on the cake.

Reactions: microraptor
I started last week. First mission - $19. Free case of beer for doing something I love! I shot 4 more yesterday and all have processed. We'll see. Honestly, if any pay out I'll be happy. DB gives me another reason to get control time and build a portfolio. If they buy me a case of beer here and there, just icing on the cake.

That's the reason I'd even consider doing the pano's, because anyone iv'e talked to, the first thing they ask for is a sample of your work. I do need to build my portfolio. Here's a 360 of one I did last week

Ft Myers Beach

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga