Has anyone used Drone Base?

As far as I know you can't. They contact you by email and ask if you want to do it. At least thats the way it worked with me for the last 3 client jobs

How do you find client jobs? There is a toolbar on the left side that you can use to filter results. I filtered out everything except "Client Mission" and "Mission Available" and even when I zoomed out to see the entire State of NJ, I didn't see any jobs pop up.

How many panos have you done for them so far?

I'm not sure, but I think they only hand out client missions to pilots who've demonstrated some proficiency shooting and processing the smaller missions first. As I mentioned earlier, I was knocking out panos for about two months before they approached me to do client missions.

How many panos have you done for them so far?

I'm not sure, but I think they only hand out client missions to pilots who've demonstrated some proficiency shooting and processing the smaller missions first. As I mentioned earlier, I was knocking out panos for about two months before they approached me to do client missions.

See the post directly above mine... he was given to client jobs without having done any panos.

See the post directly above mine... he was given to client jobs without having done any panos.
Correct, I did 2 client jobs, then did 4 pano's maybe a month later then last week got another client job for the 18th that was a repeat inspection at the same location, I don't process the images and I upload them to another company besides drone base. I guess they're doing volumetric measurements on the inventory. So it's been a good experience. I've got 8 pano's I'm going to do this weekend, they're all within a mile of each other, and a couple are directly across the street from each other so I'll kill 2 birds with one stone. I try to make sure I pick some of the properties that are waterfront so I can get some nice shots for my website. I am finding it hard to market myself, I've created a Facebook page, a Website on Wix, advertise on Craig's List and trying to send some emails to realtors. I'm glad I have a full time job as this is more or less an extension of my hobby. But who knows.

As I said...I don't know this for sure. Just my experience.

Results will probably vary cause they're pretty much a startup and probably still in the process of figuring out 'best practices'.

I've been shooting DB Pano missions for awhile and although I agree that you're not going to the pay that you would with a client mission, it's still a good way to practice if you're a rookie pilot who just got their paper Part 107. Check out this video I made for those of you just starting out.

Has Dronebase asked anyone yet for proof of insurance?
What camera settings do you use while shooting panos, I messed one up with white balance :(

What camera settings do you use while shooting panos, I messed one up with white balance :(
I signed up awhile ago and they asked me for my coverage but I don't theink they asked specifically for proof. In regards to the settings, you want to set the camera to manual and adjust for exposure once and leave it the same so it remains consistent.

DB does ask, but for some reason doesn't demand proof. When you choose manual white balance (I believe it's called 'custom' in DJI GO) be sure to set the temperature (sliding bar) at 5000k for best results IMO.

Reactions: Jonathan Huff
Anyone play around with the new app updates? I'm grounded for a while due to weather.

Never provided DB works out of the US?
I can't see anything in EU and rest of the world

I think they use a US based real estate property database (Multiple Listing Service) to ID property...might explain why they have nothing outside of the continental borders

Anyone play around with the new app updates? I'm grounded for a while due to weather.

...new app updates????

I've gotten 2 app updates this week on iOS with a few new features. Some are self explanatory some are back end, and a few new options.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT