Has anyone tried these chargers?

cc2e883a724158aeded0af38227fd6a7.jpg

I also read somewhere that the 100w charger wasn't suitable for the standard..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Aren't the batteries all the same. The ad you shared, was likely printed before the Phantom Standard was released wasn't it? ;-)

Have you tried the charger, or are you going by the ad? Ah, as there aren't any Phantom 3 Standard specific batteries.

You should be good to go. It doesn't matter which model Phantom 3 you have, as the batteries aren't charged while in the drone.
Show me a Phantom 3 Standard battery then? Hehe
But I can show you this, right off their website.
Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Battery
USD $149

• High capacity for up to 23 minutes of flight time
  • Four LEDS display both the status and the remaining power of the battery
  • Integrated power management and balanced charging capability
  • Smart charge/discharge functionality helps protect your battery
  • Easy slot-in design for fast charging and installation/removal
  • Updated specifically for the Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced and Phantom 3 Standard
RedHotPoker

I got a battery dock but it charges them all separately, so currently it's over 4 hours to charge my three batteries . Not good enough at all.

If these weren't $498.00 I would have bought one already...
SmartPowerCharge.com Site Product Detail Page

image.jpeg

I like the fact that they can charge and also deep cycle discharge the batteries too. And these do charge all four at once, not consecutively.

The SPCp3 is a commercial grade QUAD Charging Station designed and built exclusively for the DJI SMART BATTERY (LiPo) that is used in your Phantom p3. This system is MICRO-PROCESSOR controlled with built in Over-Voltage protection, Over-Loading Protection and Temperature Control on power supply input. The Short-Circuit protection on power supply input insures safe operation while charging the batteries. The SCPp3 also monitors the voltage and temperature to each battery insuring that each battery is charged safely eliminating damage and LIPO safety concerns.
The system is capable of charging or deep cycling 4 DJI Smart Batteries simultaneously, your iPhone, or any USB device and 2 rechargeable remote controls (via 2, 26v charging ports on the end of device), all at the same time. You can even DEEP CYCLE selected batteries while charging others. When you put a SLOT in DEEP CYCLE MODE, we LOCK discharge at low voltage down to 8%. After the battery reaches 8%, the system will automatically charge the battery to full capacity. A must have for serious Phantom p3 users.
There is a comparrison chart: http://smartpowercharge.com/pdf/dji_hub.pdf

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
No only charges one battery at a time.
My parallel charger charges two batteries quite happily at the same time. It can handle 3 but not tried. No Ill effects noticed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That commercial charger is sweet, it's a shame they don't have a "home" model

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That commercial charger is sweet, it's a shame they don't have a "home" model

"Commercial grade" but it is a home charger...
Why wouldn't it be? ;-) several people on here already have them.
One guy bought two, one is for his multiple Phantom 2 batteries.

RedHotPoker

I'm still not quite sure why it would be so difficult to make my own adapter to charge my 3 smart batteries simultaneously using the stock DJI 100w charger... Seems like same thing we've done for our other batteries? Right?

Heck... One of the 3 ports on my charger isn't working this morning... Its one of the blue chargers on maybe the 5th time in use. No power to the leads, so... Guess I'll check the warranty first...

I have that same charger. It works great. Multiple charges and no problems..

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

I got this one on eBay and it works great so far, the other day I charged all 3 batteries and my RC and it worked great. Shuts off when all items get charged, each one shuts off when it's charged

a3cdd32f0835968fc8cc54fd806f5809.jpg

I'm almost convinced to pick one of these up. My question is, if by some chance it fries any of my batteries or worse yet, the RC would DJI cover the repair/replacement under warranty as this is a 3rd party product?

Correct me if I'm wrong....the chargers are "dumb". The batteries do all the thinking with how much power they want to accept...so damage from a certain charger would be almost impossible....

I'm not expert, just my thoughts and why I got one...

Correct me if I'm wrong....the chargers are "dumb". The batteries do all the thinking with how much power they want to accept...so damage from a certain charger would be almost impossible....

I'm not expert, just my thoughts and why I got one...
In reality these chargers should not be dumb, they should have regulated DC output and not just rectified and filtered output.

Each channel should also have current limit.

Can someone confirm?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik