Has anyone tried these chargers?

It will charge the first and when it finished will start to charge the second? Or it will end at the first?

It charges one and when that is fully charged it stops and starts charging the next. So, if a battery takes 1 hour to charge, charging 3 batteries will still take 3 hours. The blue charger would charge all 3 batteries in 1 hour.

Is there any interlock on the connector to use the right polarity? Batteries will burst if wrong polarity is used.

In the case of the blue charger that I posted, you'd not be able to connect it backwards as the plastic part that plugs in has a large plastic lead coming out of it. So it can only be plugged in one way.

20160130_082621.jpg

In the case of the blue charger that I posted, you'd not be able to connect it backwards as the plastic part that plugs in has a large plastic lead coming out of it. So it can only be plugged in one way.

View attachment 42281
Good to know. Thanks

The one I'm ordering is very different with the plug, it comes with caps to cover the unused connectors when charging, I'm not sure about the polarity or if the blades are 2 different sizes to prevent you from connecting it backwards, I'll check the voltage and polarity with an ohm meter to see what it looks like.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    924.5 KB · Views: 459
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 430
The one I'm ordering is very different with the plug, it comes with caps to cover the unused connectors when charging, I'm not sure about the polarity or if the blades are 2 different sizes to prevent you from connecting it backwards, I'll check the voltage and polarity with an ohm meter to see what it looks like.

I does look like those could be plugged in incorrectly. Many people are using the blue charger and I've personally used it for about 4 months now with zero problems.

It charges one and when that is fully charged it stops and starts charging the next. So, if a battery takes 1 hour to charge, charging 3 batteries will still take 3 hours. The blue charger would charge all 3 batteries in 1 hour.
That's cool for me. Glad to have it :) Thanks for your help.

Your charger looks different and connectors are definitely polarized. I can't say about the one shown in the original post.
Yes I did notice that I will need to make sure it connects properly with the correct polarity, but the blue case and their ad shows the same wattage/amperage and voltage
My connectors are similar to this, but have a tethered cap on each connector to cover the terminals when not in use.

Difficult to connect with the polarity reversed.
i think the one shown by op maybe ok as there is a ridge on one side that would stop the plug going in the wrong way
I'll post more with pics once I receive it, I figured for $49.26 with free shipping it was worth a try

Last edited:
Yes I did notice that I will need to make sure it connects properly with the correct polarity, but the blue case and their ad shows the same wattage/amperage and voltage

I'll post more with pics once I receive it, I figured for $49.26 with free shipping it was worth a try

I suspect it's the same, just with different leads. Most of these things come out of factories in China and are all pretty much based on the same guts. Just different leads. Heck, I suspect the knock off DJI backpacks come out of the same factory that makes the DJI backpack and they simply changed out the emblem. They do things like this all of the time.

FYI this charger has 4 outputs but only 3 distinct charge units.
The 3rd unit of the power supply is shared between an IFB and the RC output
Thus if you use all 4 outputs simultaneously, 2 IFBs will charge at full speed, and the last IFB and RC battery will need more time to reach full charge.

On any that might fit either way, just super, gorilla, hot, etc .. glue, a small block of plastic, wood, or etc. to one side of the plug so it can't be plugged in wrong.
Maybe even make it a different color than the plug's housing ... just to add more safety.

I ordered the same one on amazon for $70. Works great. 3 batteries charged in under an hour.

Drone World buys these same chargers on eBay for $50 and simply screen prints their logo on it and sells them for $99. They do similar things with their "extended range antenna" ($150 itelite they sell for $499). Also their $14 variable ND filter on eBay they sell for $60.

This is the one I use from Drone World:
Thor Supercharger Phantom 3 Powered Triple Battery Charger
It's been working perfectly for me for the past 2 months. I highly recommend it as you can charge 3 batteries and controller at the same time. In about 45 minutes you are done and ready for your next aerial mission.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep, I have one at home. Works great.

I received the above charger and first did a voltage and polarity check with a meter, there are little tabs that prevent the plug from being plugged in incorrectly, here are some pics and video

532025220bae1ab85c160974135b19e0.jpg
2c7a41cc31ae454c8fabe2b097c28c5d.jpg
bb09d72c52bf574ac2c3c23b35f69102.jpg
bfe5753bafbbaa107b65b479ed7531d5.jpg
5eb2b78105909a03a3d1d11ccfb3ed16.jpg
943c28d1d94bcef465ec7e4f29c50ebb.jpg
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I purchased this one a while back. Will charge three batteries in less than an hour plus the controller at the same time. Nice cooling fan, run quiet, keeps the supply nice and cool.

This one really works great, highly recommended, nice heavy battery leads, fool proof hook up.

Update on the charger... This is a must have. Charges 3 of my batteries in about an hour.. Can charge the TX at the same time. Aside from ND filters this is something I couldn't do without.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

View attachment 42281
That's the one I have . It can't be connected incorrectly.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

I bought a second 100w @dji charger and am glad to have it. With four intelligent flight batteries, it's nice to have the ability to charge two at a time, or a battery and the RC "concurrently"... ;-)

RedHotPoker

This is the one I use from Drone World:
It's been working perfectly for me for the past 2 months. I highly recommend it as you can charge 3 batteries and controller at the same time. In about 45 minutes you are done and ready for your next aerial mission.

Do you know if this charger will work on the standard? As I know the quicker charger sold by DJI doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Phantom 3 intelligent flight batteries are all the same. Regardless of model. Not sure why the one charger you mentioned was not able to charge them.

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers