Has anyone in the UK used Drones for Less

I'm always nervous about buying something where they don't have a physical address in the UK, particuarly with something a) expensive and b) got a good chance of being faulty!
The address quoted on their website is a mail box address (just google '77 Beak Street').

I contacted them and asked if they would provide a VAT invoice but they said they couldn't.

I'm going to correct what I said here. I ordered an Inspire 2 from these guys and it's been the biggest joke I've experienced in a long time.

They sent me an Inspire then did absolutely nothing to help with taking it back. They won't respond to the PayPal dispute so they've now had my cash for nearly a month and still no drone, no phone calls, no emails, nothing. I'm going to have to go down the credit card chargeback route if they don't sort their crap out.

Avoid at all costs - great if it goes well, horrendous if you have a problem.

I ordered a P4 Bundle deal from this crowd. If anything could be cocked-up they found it! Nightmare!
I'll start my own thread as this one is a bit older.

Drones for Less sell a Phantom 4 Pro for 1200 Pounds, has anyone used this store, thanks.
Yes, and can highly recommend them . Bought aP4P package including proper hard case and saved £500 plus on what the same package would have cost in U.K. Arrived 3 days after ordering, shipped from New York and no customs duty paid . Fantastic service ! Had query as a newbie about an aspect of starting the drone, and they offered immediate replacement- same day shipping- if I was not satisfied. Job sorted and no replacement required, but the immediate offer was very reassuring! Would not hesitate to use them again !

My experience with Drones for Less has been far from a positive experience. I ordered a Mavic Pro Combo pack and a Osmo Pro. The parcel arrived very quickly, but was missing 3 items. I was promised they would be sent out but they have failed to arrive. I have tried contacting their customer service department and what a waste of time that has proven. From my experience, they were very quick to take my £3,000 but have failed miserable in sending all the equipment and not returning any messages. Personally I would avoid this company like the plague.

Brought a phantom 4 and spare battery from them in march. Shipped through newyork city to my address in the uk. No problems. Purchased using PayPal.

I ordered my P4P from TOMTOP.com for 1185.94 euros and just got my tracking number .They state that they pay any taxes or tariffs for all EU countries.
The funny thing is that the tracking says Holland NL ready for UPS. isnt UPS an american shipping company?

Avoid. This company is USA based and a risk to buy from. Their small discounts are not worth the effort and stress.
I have full documentation to support this review.

On 15th Aug I ordered a £315 Nikon dslr camera from dronesforless.co.uk. The website had a soho, London address and a London phone number. I paid through PayPal and received confirmation from PayPal and dronesforless.co.uk plus an email from someone called peter asking me to call regarding the order.
I called and was talking to either Americans or canadians. Peter wanted to sell me batteries. I asked to cancel the order - I didn't want to buy from overseas as the £25 saving was not worth the wait, possible import problems (I've had issues with anything containing batteries at customs before), complicated returns, warranties, non uk plugs etc... I had called peter within a few hours of placing the order and was put through to Jessica. She confirmed my cancellation and said I would receive an email. I didn't so 3 calls to her later in the day (UK evening because this company doesn't start till 2pm GMT so I assume they are on the east coast - no one was prepared to tell me the real address) I was put through to Angela who again confirmed my order was cancelled and sent me 2 cancellation confirmations from her personal hotmail account before finally sending me one from dronesforless. She confirmed that I would be refunded within 24 hours - the billing manager was out of the office.

On the 16th support for drones for less confirmed my cancellation by email and said I would receive a full refund within "a few business days".

On the 17th I received an email saying the camera had been despatched and was given a tracking number. The number didn't exist. I called and spoke to Jessica again who said it was a system error and my cancellation was confirmed but she couldn't be sure because a packing label had been printed. Perhaps when the camera arrived I could return it and ask for a refund? Now very concerned that I would ever see my money back or a camera for that matter, on the 18th I opened a dispute with PayPal and dronesforless responded that when they got the camera back they would refund me. The tracking number was now showing but as not despatched.

I emailed the courier, globegistics who replied on 23rd that they were not in receipt of any package for the tracking number given to me. I emailed dronesforless who said when they get the camera back - which clearly had never been despatched in the first place - they will refund me. I escalated the case with PayPal. At this point dronesforless emailed me saying they would refund me if I closed the dispute... hmmmm yes I'm that stupid. I replied saying if I closed the dispute I would no longer be protected by PayPal. Dronesforless replied and said don't talk to us anymore talk to paypal ha ha strop or what?

Finally on 12th Sept, nearly a month later, PayPal agreed with me and forced a refund.

Dronesforless uk website is a front they are not based in the UK and do not distribute form the UK. They are disorganised & incompetent and it's a major problem to get a refund. It's all well and good them claiming that paying by PayPal or credit card protects you but only if you want a lot of agro and are prepared to wait a month until they are forced to act.

Finally (after Curry's took my order and money and 6 days later emailed to say they were out of stock) I bought it from Argos online, manufacturer sealed with a discount voucher which meant the price difference was only £20 more for the upgraded bluetooth model and collected it the same day. Lesson well and truly learnt. I only wanted to buy a camera and was involved a month long charade. Why?

I waited until I had my refund to post this review because had read others saying dronesforless were refusing to refund until a bad one was removed. This may explain their astonishingly high rating :(

Drones for Less.
Do not buy from this company if you wish to buy a Dji Phantom4Pro as I did. It is a USA front and I have found to my cost that the Dji warranty when bought from Drones for Less, based I believe in New York, is not worth the paper that it is printed on in the UK.
When I tried to contact them all that I got was a hustle to buy extra items on top of the advertised drone with the result that I could have got just as good a deal, and service, by going to a genuine local UK company.

DO NOT BUY FROM DRONESFORLESS.CO.UK

I ordered a Mavic-Pro kit from them, hard case etc and more batteries on 10th Dec 2017. A few weeks later 2x batteries arrived. They claim the Carrier [Globegistics] has lost the Main Kit,- however when I contacted Globegistics they told me that DronesForLess had NEVER ACTUALLY SENT THE PACKAGE,- they generated the Tracking number but never got the box picked up by Globegistics. It is now JAN 22nd 2018. They will not answer emails and I fear they are scamming me or maybe the company is failing?

If the situation changes, kit arrives , or they contact me I will edit this post immediatly.

Please be cautious!

Can't be arsed reading all the replys but dronesdirect in the UK do very competitive deals...I've got both my p3pro and p4pro from them...great bundle deals.

I bought a DJI standard 3. Saved 150 quid and arrived 3 days after ordering. Order tracked from America. No problems for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12