Has anyone done a Firmware Down Grade

Reaction score
Been out of Flying for the Last year...
A New Camera Has reset my drone to 1.9.02 ...Can we still Downgrade back to 1.5.7 ??? As we did back in 2017??

Can’t get it from DJI. Conceivably someone may have saved it on an SD card, but it’s one heck of a long shot.

Can’t get it from DJI. Conceivably someone may have saved it on an SD card, but it’s one heck of a long shot.
I have all the Files and Saved the Pages when this was Going on back around May 2017.... Google Drive has all the Downgrade Files and The Debug Files for all of the Phantom 3 Drones...

Thanks for that! You taught me something.

I have all the firmware versions I have upgraded to over the years since 2016... For P3P... If its any good to you

I have all the firmware versions I have upgraded to over the years since 2016... For P3P... If its any good to you

I’m bookmarking this thread. Thank you for your generous offer! Ya’ never know when you’ll need it until you need it.

I’m bookmarking this thread. Thank you for your generous offer! Ya’ never know when you’ll need it until you need it.
This was all Solved and Talked about in March 2017 by KennethMcNutt, ....He has it all Explained how to Down Grade... back then... I saved the Pages to my Drone folder on my Puter with a copy of all the different firmware versions...

Part of the Reason for Doing this was the Problems I was having with all of the Restrictions and RTH Problems, and Intermitent Loss of Signals... I replaced my EMU Board and Kept it's Early Firmware, and was at 1.5.7 ..... But this Spring, I flew my Drone for the 1st time in a yr, and the Camera got Hung Up on the Gimble Protector, and got over heated... It worked fine from Cold, through One Battery, then the FPV would go Blank, the rest of the Day... The Camera still recorded Pictures and Video.... You Just had No FPV... to Control the Shot....

I discovered there are 2 PC Boards in the Camera, that are the Brains for the Whole, P3 Standard Drone.... The Pro and Adv. are Completely Different, and use LIGHT BRIDGE Hardware and Software... So I know Nothing about them....The Front Board, inside the Camera, contains the CMOS, to take the video's, Memory Card Slot and Reader, and Possessor to control, to Control All of the Firmware on the Drone, and the 6 Axix Giro. to Control the Gimble and Camera Position...
This Link, Leads to a Treasure Trove of Wiki Info on How all the Boards and Systems Work and Tie Together....
DJI Hardware · o-gs/dji-firmware-tools Wiki · GitHub

This was all Solved and Talked about in March 2017 by KennethMcNutt, ....He has it all Explained how to Down Grade... back then... I saved the Pages to my Drone folder on my Puter with a copy of all the different firmware versions...

Part of the Reason for Doing this was the Problems I was having with all of the Restrictions and RTH Problems, and Intermitent Loss of Signals... I replaced my EMU Board and Kept it's Early Firmware, and was at 1.5.7 ..... But this Spring, I flew my Drone for the 1st time in a yr, and the Camera got Hung Up on the Gimble Protector, and got over heated... It worked fine from Cold, through One Battery, then the FPV would go Blank, the rest of the Day... The Camera still recorded Pictures and Video.... You Just had No FPV... to Control the Shot....

I discovered there are 2 PC Boards in the Camera, that are the Brains for the Whole, P3 Standard Drone.... The Pro and Adv. are Completely Different, and use LIGHT BRIDGE Hardware and Software... So I know Nothing about them....The Front Board, inside the Camera, contains the CMOS, to take the video's, Memory Card Slot and Reader, and Possessor to control, to Control All of the Firmware on the Drone, and the 6 Axix Giro. to Control the Gimble and Camera Position...
This Link, Leads to a Treasure Trove of Wiki Info on How all the Boards and Systems Work and Tie Together....
DJI Hardware · o-gs/dji-firmware-tools Wiki · GitHub
Long Story Short.... I had to Buy a Replacement Camera, so a New,Used Camera-Gimble Assembly was Installed on my Drone... and Now the Firmware is at : 1.09.02 .....So I have to Go back through and Downgrade Everything Back to 1.5.7..... to get back to a Free Flying, unrestricted drone...

I’ve had a blind spot in this area. Thanks for the info!

AWESOME

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl