Has anyone attempted something like this?

I use LItchi to fly the same route every time over golf course construction projects. It turns out ok but not what I was hoping for a timelapse.

Flying a circle like in that video around a smaller target like a home looks better because the viewer “gets” the circle thing and can pay full attention to the transitions. One could also make each added flight last for 1/4-circle or 10 seconds, etc. On linear timelapses you basically have to re-trim each flight whenever a new date is added.

So my thoughts are, “I like the circle.”

Reactions: BigAl07
A short "construction progression" demo video (about 1 minute) using POI:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thoughts?

I'm doing almost the exact same thing on a commercial project right now. Flying a litchi orbit once a month, stitching it together in iMovie once complete. Very cool!

I am in the process of using the same technique to document some construction as well! Actually the variation between your shots was greater than I have experienced. Here are two tests of mine, all using Litchi ... the first is three trips flying a simple figure-eight around a soccer field; the second one is a long ride around the mountains, 2X. The "field" video was shot all in the same day. The "mountains" video was shot in two different seasons - summer and winter. I found that for the "winter" mountains video the P3A flew about 30 feet lower than the "summer" video. It seems the temperature impacts the sensors somehow?

Three times around the field:

Summer/winter:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic