Has anybody tried the Thor Super Charging System for Phantom 4 series?

I was mistaken, the Thor also charges @17.5Amps. I'd like to have them all side by side to compare them, but I got the Thor because I would have been really disapointed if I bought a less expensive one, and it turned out to be a pos.
And the Thor is that pretty shade of red, plus it's "Marvel Approved"! :) (In 6 months, it will probably cost about the same as the others)

Last edited:
And the Thor is that pretty shade of red, plus it's "Marvel Approved"! :) (In 6 months, it will probably cost about the same as the others)
And here's a stunning review for the $30 model;

Would not buy again. This is a fire waiting to happen. Used it once and it got really hot so I measured the temp on the internal components. 80+ degrees Celsius. Added a couple 25mm fans but still seemed off. Pulls about 80 watts per battery it's charging at .6 power factor! So no craps were given by designers there. Factory charger is about 110 at .95. This it's nothing but the cheapest constructed DC power supply. It really is a hazard! No concern for safety was given with this charger.

I've been pondering for days about the none DJI charges. Three P4P batteries take forever to charge. And many say only get the dji stuff.
So very pleased to see Techcop50 say the blue thing
https://smile.amazon.com/SKYREAT-Battery-Charger-Controller-Transmitte/dp/B0725CQ57G/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1529940681&sr=8-14&keywords=phantom+4+charger
has worked great. And charges 3 batteries as fast as the dji charger, does one?
Well the blue thing sells for $55 Aus 10 minutes down the road! **** all that pondering!
Will pick it up tomorrow.

For trips in to the bush for a few days I have been thinking about the
Energen DroneMax A40 Charging Station
Energen DroneMax A40 Charging Station for DJI Drone Battery #EN-DM-A40 859435005292 | eBay

Bit expensive and heavy at 7pounds but if you are from a car or shortish hike looks like a good idea.
Says it Recharge a drone battery more than 4 times or
Recharge 4 drone batteries simultaneously
Cheaper than four batteries and you can charge loads of stuff.

Reactions: Ripper7620
I can tell you this about the Thor, FWIW, it not only does not get hot, it doesn't even get warm when charging 3 batteries and a remote, it's got a great cooling system, and that's something I want in a after market advanced charging unit.

Well I got the blue charger and what a bargain it is! Charged 3 top P4P batteries (from about 20%) and controller in 1hour 35 min. The charger has a fan which did not kick in till it went from warm to hot (still touchable). When it was hot and fan going was a little loud but had to turn TV off to hear it. Big improvement over the DJI one. Best value for money kit I have bought in years at $55Au. Defiantly taking it to Phuket this Friday as part of my travel kit. I can pull up at a restaurant in the hills have a coffee and a bite then a nana nap and off I go all charged up, body, mind and P4P :)

Well I got the blue charger and what a bargain it is! Charged 3 top P4P batteries (from about 20%) and controller in 1hour 35 min. The charger has a fan which did not kick in till it went from warm to hot (still touchable). When it was hot and fan going was a little loud but had to turn TV off to hear it. Big improvement over the DJI one. Best value for money kit I have bought in years at $55Au. Defiantly taking it to Phuket this Friday as part of my travel kit. I can pull up at a restaurant in the hills have a coffee and a bite then a nana nap and off I go all charged up, body, mind and P4P :)

$55 AU, whered you guy from in AUS?

There is a woman on gumtree in Perth called Jean she sells loads of drone and other tech stuff. But she is on holiday for 2 weeks at the moment. She sells the blue one for 55. However the blue and gold chargers are not yet aporoved by gov safty inspectors. So many wont risk selling them. Got mine 3 days ago used it 3 times no prob.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164