Handheld use of the P3P gimbal

So, has the drone a video output to connect the DJI pro app to?.
No...you have to your phone connected to the controller to get the video signal. If you want to mount your phone on the carrying handle for the drone, you'll need to sling the controller round your neck and use a longer cable from the controller to your phone.

The first link has the phone holder attached to the carrying handle. That's why it cost more $$.

The first link has the phone holder attached to the carrying handle. That's why it cost more $$.
I may be wrong, but I think that's for illustration purposes ....they expect you to take the holder off your controller and mount it on the arm. If you're thinking of buying one, it would be worth checking with vendor to see if the device holder is included.

I have one and love it, I bought a second iPad holder so it is permanently mounted.
It is a little clumsy having the remote around your neck and gimbals control on one hand and phantom in the other but does give some really smooth footage.
It is nicely made and easily adjustable.

Hi guys, I just found this:
E Aluminium Alloy Handheld Gimbal Holder Bracket for DJI Phantom 3 Pro Advanced

My question is:
How do you connect the mobile phone to the video output?. Do you have to walk also with the radio or would you have an output straight from the drone to the dji application in your phone?

I have one of these; I've tried mounting the bracket (a spare) as shown but ended up just using one of my spare smartphones on the remote instead of my tablet, and walking around with the remote hanging from its lanyard around my neck and in one hand while holding the handheld mount in the other. Once you get the hang of it is actually not a bad way to do it as you can hold the P3 up high and in awkward directions while still seeing the screen view. I've shot two properties combining exterior aerial views and interior handheld views and its working out as I anticipated.

Actually that's cool. Only UK?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl