H.R.6572 BANNING ALL DJI DRONES NATIONWIDE

And I can track your cell phone too, because I work for the government (local). If I can do it, big governments can do it.
But you cannot track my DJI drones which are the topic being discussed, not phones.
DJI drones aren't connected to any network the way phones are.

The DJI account has exactly how many times and how many miles I flew. If you want to believe they don’t know what you are doing, the more power to you.
DJI only see your data if you choose to upload it to their servers.
Many flyers don't do that.
How would DJI ever know where or when they've been flying?

You're wrapped up in fantasy that doesn't stand up to reasoning.
Did you watch the video that I linked in post #16?
I'd suggest that you do that rather than making comments that just aren't true.

Last edited:
But you cannot track my DJI drones which are the topic being discussed, not phones.
DJI drones aren't connected to any network the way phones are.
Is your phone connected to your drone?

Is your phone connected to your drone?
I fly with a wifi-only tablet.
But if I used a phone and was concerned about your silly conspiracy theories, it would be a simple matter to switch it to airplane mode.
The drone needs no connection to the cellular network or internet.
Now go and watch that video to get some real information ... this is becoming tedious.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I fly with a wifi-only tablet.
But if I used a phone and was concerned about your silly conspiracy theories, it would be a simple matter to switch it to airplane mode.
The drone needs no connection to the cellular network or internet.
Now go and watch that video to get some real information ... this is becoming tedious.
There is a lot of truth in what you say given the knowledge you have gleaned. They would be lousy spies if the common man could figure it out.

If China and DJI want to see me flying around the backyard at my place, fine. Boring stuff, but maybe they are mapping my backyard to see when I take out the trash, or mow my grass. Serious international spy stuff there. If they were really concerned, they would send me an alert on my controller when I'm about to bump into one of my many trees in the backyard. 😂

At this stage DJI would know where/how much you're flying (and if someone else wants to know - they can buy DJI Aeroscope system). I'd say the video is not sent back to China, otherwise my firewall would have pointed it out to me.
But what stops next DJI GO app update having some "new features" that may be questionable ?

On the other hand, Google maps + Street view will give you pretty much the same terrain info :)

The Chinese don't make me hate guns. I hate guns because I don't feel safe going to a movie, a mall, a restaurant, etc.
I like and conceal-carry my "guns because I don't feel safe going to a movie, a mall, a restaurant, etc.". I like and conceal carry my guns when I do drone work in remote areas where I sometimes encounter unsavory people and large predatory wildlife. I like my DJI P4 RTK because it's been an amazing platform for what I need. I couldn't care less who sees what I map (and I don't think anyone in Asia could care less about what I map since they have super hi resolution military-grade satellites with cameras that could watch my hand movements while I'm drone flying if they wanted to). When it's time to retire the P4 RTK, I would be thrilled to purchase an American-made RTK drone that is competitively priced and works as well as my DJI. Just looking for an alternative to the new Mavic 3E RTK. I'm no fan of DJI, especially after they arbitrarily removed an important satellite image caching feature in the P4 RTK controller with their most recent firmware "upgrade". That convinced me that DJI is not my friend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues