H.R.6572 BANNING ALL DJI DRONES NATIONWIDE

Reaction score
H.R.6572 - Countering CCP Drones Act
Is making it's way through committees. If this act is made into law, all DJI drones will be banned from the United States. Please write a letter to your house representative if you like flying DJI drones.
Stand up for yourself in Congress!

This is populism. Drones are used in war. But cars kill a million people a year in Europe alone. Has anyone seen or heard of the protests? About bills against cars? Such money is spinning in this business and the economy depends on it so much that the number of victims is nothing.

Spies in the US must only use US made cameras. I suspect they do. They still use American cars, citizenship, epaulettes, and positions in the government.

Last edited:
Here it is: An old bill.

Shown Here:
Introduced in House (02/02/2022)​

Countering CCP Drones Act

This bill requires the inclusion of telecommunications and video surveillance equipment or services produced or provided by Shenzhen Da-Jiang Innovations Sciences and Technologies Company Limited (a Chinese drone maker commonly known as DJI Technologies) on a list of communications equipment or services determined by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to pose an unacceptable risk to U.S. national security. Current law prohibits the use of federal funding available through specified FCC programs for purchasing or maintaining listed equipment or services.

There have been a lot of claims that DJI is collecting drone data that has security implications. If the anti-DJI folks have evidence that we flyers are inadvertently providing data that imperils national security, is it available to the public? Where?

Our drones can make 3D maps…. I’m sure everything we shoot goes through China so they have a nice 3D map of the US courtesy of us; but I doubt they keep all the info from us common folk. Now, if somebody important was flying somewhere sensitive with a Chinese drone… I’m sure that would be analyzed.

I like the technology, but I’d rather support a USA company if they could provide what I need.

That said, I have 4 DJI drones and have sunk some serious money in them. Hopefully I’d get a tax break (dollar for dollar) or something to give them up!!!

The feds give our money to everybody us, except us hard working Americans it seems!

Reactions: 3putts
Our drones can make 3D maps…. I’m sure everything we shoot goes through China so they have a nice 3D map of the US courtesy of us; but I doubt they keep all the info from us common folk. Now, if somebody important was flying somewhere sensitive with a Chinese drone… I’m sure that would be analyzed.

I like the technology, but I’d rather support a USA company if they could provide what I need.

That said, I have 4 DJI drones and have sunk some serious money in them. Hopefully I’d get a tax break (dollar for dollar) or something to give them up!!!

The feds give our money to everybody us, except us hard working Americans it seems!
I'm flying a P4 Standard. If I chose to fly a map pattern all of the photos are stored on the SD card. Is there evidence that the data is communicated to China while the drone is in flight? When the drone lands, I shut it off .... data can't be transferred if the drone isn't powered up, can it? I transfer the card data to my computer ... is there evidence that the data is transferred to China from my computer? I guess what I want to understand is when & how all the data is supposedly transmitted to China. If my assumptions here are correct, how do the anti-DJI folks explain the method China is using to get the date we collect?

Reactions: Falkon
I'm flying a P4 Standard. If I chose to fly a map pattern all of the photos are stored on the SD card. Is there evidence that the data is communicated to China while the drone is in flight? When the drone lands, I shut it off .... data can't be transferred if the drone isn't powered up, can it? I transfer the card data to my computer ... is there evidence that the data is transferred to China from my computer? I guess what I want to understand is when & how all the data is supposedly transmitted to China. If my assumptions here are correct, how do the anti-DJI folks explain the method China is using to get the date we collect?
When I take pictures, there is a cache on the controller that sees what is stored on the drone (does that get seen by DJI). Also, DJI logs your flights and your hours and miles etc. They know where you’ve been.

I have no proof of them viewing or storing info, but I’m sure they can IF they wanted to.

My thoughts to “if somebody important was flying somewhere sensitive with a Chinese drone… I’m sure that would be analyzed.” I thoughly believe that If ANY Drone, whether Chinese, French, or even ANERICAN, were to fly in a “sensitive “ area, the government would definitely be analyzing the flight; it makes NO DIFFERENCE of Country of Origin as to whether the flight would be “Analyzed”!

My thoughts to “if somebody important was flying somewhere sensitive with a Chinese drone… I’m sure that would be analyzed.” I thoughly believe that If ANY Drone, whether Chinese, French, or even ANERICAN, were to fly in a “sensitive “ area, the government would definitely be analyzing the flight; it makes NO DIFFERENCE of Country of Origin as to whether thflight would be “Analyzed”!
Just matters which Country is doing the analyzing…

The Chinese government doesn't need data from lowly US drone users to make maps of the US. I think they're a little more technologically advanced that that! Don't you? :/

When I take pictures, there is a cache on the controller that sees what is stored on the drone (does that get seen by DJI). Also, DJI logs your flights and your hours and miles etc. They know where you’ve been.

I have no proof of them viewing or storing info, but I’m sure they can IF they wanted to.
So they know I've been flying in a community park, or recording construction progress, or you've been shooting real estate video or conducting a search for a lost hiker, or whatever. How is that a threat to national security, even if the amount of data they collect from me & you is multiplied by the thousands of DJI operators in the US? Cached image files are tiny, low-res files. I doubt the amount of data they contain would be significant, even if it were transmitted back to DJI. They can probably get more data from Google Earth than they can from cached files. If the attempt to ban DJI drones from the US is really about national security, I'd like to know how and what evidence exists. If it's about stopping this flow of money from the US to China, that's a different question ... but I'd like to hear an honest explanation, not fear-mongering. This country has long since given up a lot of manufacturing to China for cost and profit considerations, and if we're trying to rake back some of that business by denying DJI to operate in the US in hope that domestic manufacturers will produce competitive products at competitive prices, let's be honest enough to say that that is the ultimate goal.

So they know I've been flying in a community park, or recording construction progress, or you've been shooting real estate video or conducting a search for a lost hiker, or whatever.
Contrary to the popular myths, DJI don't get to see your data unless you choose to upload to their servers.
And they don't get to see your photos and videos.
If the attempt to ban DJI drones from the US is really about national security, I'd like to know how and what evidence exists.
There is none.

Not an expert but, if TikTok can see all your info on your phone, and you use your phone to connect to your drone, maybe the DJI app searches your phone for info too.

National security issues aside, I don’t want to be part of a foreign country’s intelligence gathering…

Let’s face it though, we have 300 million some people, China has billions. If they every try and take over out country it won’t be by force. They want our building to house their masses (and we are showing them high res images).

China would try and poison our youth, make them hate our country, make them hate guns, think the national anthem and pledge of allegiance is somehow racist or fascist or right wing whatever. Make males want to be less masculine…

Then, they could move right in.

Sure glad none of the above is happening…

China would try and poison our youth, make them hate our country, make them hate guns, think the national anthem and pledge of allegiance is somehow racist or fascist or right wing whatever. Make males want to be less masculine…

Then, they could move right in.

Sure glad none of the above is happening…
The Chinese don't make me hate guns. I hate guns because I don't feel safe going to a movie, a mall, a restaurant, etc.

The Chinese don't make me hate guns. I hate guns because I don't feel safe going to a movie, a mall, a restaurant, etc.
If somebody wants to hurt you, they don’t need a gun. A knife, a bat, heck I’ve seen people seriously hurt from wrist rockets shooting metal ball bearings.

National security issues aside, I don’t want to be part of a foreign country’s intelligence gathering…
You're not, but you have been convinced to believe things that aren't true, by clever political lobbying by some US drone makers.
They have exploited the uninformed fears of some politicians to spread myths to try to remove DJI because their products cannot compete with DJI's.
This story came out earlier this year and exposes some of the ways this issue has been made a political one and some of the lies that have been told.
The video is long but extremely interesting.
It throws a lot of light on the issue being discussed here:

You're not, but you have been convinced to believe things that aren't true, by clever political lobbying by some US drone makers.
They have exploited the uninformed fears of some politicians to spread myths to try to remove DJI because their products cannot compete with DJI's.
This story came out earlier this year and exposes some of the ways this issue has been made a political one and some of the lies that have been told.
The video is long but extremely interesting.
It throws a lot of light on the issue being discussed here:
I think some people have their heads in the sand. DJI knows exactly where you are with your drone. Their flysafe database can even ground you. If you were somewhere sensitive, they would know.

But then again, why not just fly huge balloons across the US, nobody will question it… especially when they park over nuclear military bases/ silos!!!

I think some people have their heads in the sand. DJI knows exactly where you are with your drone. Their flysafe database can even ground you.
You don't know what you are talking about and your posting is full of paranoia.
Your drone can't transmit more than a couple of miles.
DJI have no idea where you are flying or even if you are flying.
How could they?
If you were somewhere sensitive, they would know.
If you fly in an area that is mapped as a no-fly zone in your drone's location database, it won't allow you to take off.
That's not because DJI know where you are flying.
The flight controller checks the drone's GPS location against the flysafe database.
It all happens inside the drone with no communication with the outside world.

If you prefer to believe things that aren't true rather than facts, no-one can really help you.

Right, until I request permission then they give it to me. And they release the drone to fly wherever I need.

The DJI account has exactly how many times and how many miles I flew. If you want to believe they don’t know what you are doing, the more power to you.

You don't know what you are talking about and your posting is full of paranoia.
Your drone can't transmit more than a couple of miles.
DJI have no idea where you are flying or even if you are flying.
How could they?

If you fly in an area that is mapped as a no-fly zone in your drone's location database, it won't allow you to take off.
That's not because DJI know where you are flying.
The flight controller checks the drone's GPS location against the flysafe database.
It all happens inside the drone with no communication with the outside world.

If you prefer to believe things that aren't true rather than facts, no-one can really help you.
And I can track your cell phone too, because I work for the government (local). If I can do it, big governments can do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan