Gwinnett County - Looking for fellow Phantom pilots

Reaction score
Honestly I am getting a bit depressed here with the lack of good areas to fly my phantom. Granted, what did I expect living where I live (near Mall of GA). The two big issues I am having around here are ...

1) Gwinnett County parks forbid it. Which is dumb, so many great spots with very few people. I'd love nothing more than to take my phantom up to the top of little mulberry lookout spot and get some beautiful shots.

2) People have this huge hatred for drones and anything related. I blame it on the few bad apples that ruined it for the rest of us that just want to fly for fun and not to spy on teenagers sunbathing or drop contraband over prison fences. It just sucks that as with everything in life, the idiots ruin it for the rest of us.

So has anyone found any good spots to fly? I've only been flying for less than a year. During the summer I practiced at empty schools (Mountainview HS was a good spot) but obviously that's a huge problem now that school is in session I won't go anywhere near a school.

I've even gone so far as to write some letters to some people I see on the map with huge plots of empty land (find them on tax records to get name and address). I try to be as polite as possible and tell them I just want to practice on some open land and that I'd even give them any photos and videos that they can just have for some neat views of their property. But have not received a single reply.

So again, anyone found any cool spots? I have a lot of free time (well, I am self employed so I can MAKE free time whenever is a better way to put it) so would love to just spend a chill fall day flying around taking in the scenery.

I'm down here in milledgeville, Ga and I have a few places just to do some practice flying or it will be weeks b4 i fly so i go to get my rust off of me for when theres an event coming up like when Ga Power blew the smoke stack down on the lake I would be ready for it.
And the 2 places i go that they dont mind me flying as long as i throw them them some pics of there place sometimes would be my church and another church. Have you ask any church that has a good amount of land? They usually dont mind at all especially if your a member of one.
I work at Ga College and when their isn't no school in between semesters I usually get some cool shots of the college. It's so big that it takes awhile to get every bit of it. I also go down to the river and the dam get some awesome video.
But in ATL and the surrounding counties I would imagine it's hard to fly. I had a class in Alpharetta 3 months ago 3 days a week for 4 weeks and I stayed the night there. I took my P4 up with me but your right not much to fly and get video unless theres some event to capture. If you ever get to Milledgeville contact me and I let you know where sum cool spots are around here.

YEah that's quite a hike from me. It is killing me out here in GWinnett. Luckily we went on vacation for Labor day weekend and my parents live on a golf course in Hilton Head, SC area. Well the course is not complete yet so you can just wander it and do what you want (obviously not harm the course though). Well I must have spent 30 hours flying over that 5 day trip. I flew so much I got a lot of it out of my system to hold me over for a bit lol

others on here fly in piedmont park, early on weekend mornings before the crowds. I fly mostly on Lake Allatoona.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl