Groundstation is coming

So this all proves that nobody has any idea still. Blade and Tahoe Ed only just said the other day on here that groundstation would not be available for the p3 unless it was by third party but POI would be implemented by dji in a future update.

I agree Mal so much hearsay and misleading info on this issue, as far as I can see the only additions DJI IS obligated to is HL and POI as they clearly state in the manual.:(

Yes, I agree. I have pretty high trees around me as well. I've set the RTH to a nice height, but we need to manually change those waypoints each time.
POI, and GS in this case, normally allow a certain number of waypoints, 100 if DJI is to be believed. Once the waypoints are entered selecting one will pop up a window that will allow you to input the height of the P3 for that waypoint. If the previous waypoint was higher or lower the altitude will be changed on a direct line with the next waypoint. So you had to make sure your LOS to the next waypoint was clear. At least that's how it worked on my P2, and you could pause the mission to yaw for photo/video but the bird would point it's nose at the next waypoint when you resumed auto flight.

What they absolutely positively must have with the new Ground Station and the existing, is the ability to change the default height of all waypoints. Many of us fly on property with trees. You miss not resetting just one of those waypoint heights, and it's tree pruning time.

Just reading from beginning to end of this thread (based on google search) and just wanted to STRONGLY agree with this comment. I must be able to clear a couple of peaks to drop down into our property and record animals, fence lines, water, etc. The "peaks" are 800' to 1000' above the home point elevation. Now, I will continue reading to hopefully find out that this functionality is indeed included - and that a new release to support my < 1 week old P3 is just around the corner :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj