Ground control to major tom

I made a video when I first set the masts up. I didn't go too far as I was still experimenting. The things to look at are the signal bars vs. distance and altitude. There are many buildings involved as well as tall thick trees. You can see the signal cut out as the drone passes behind them.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Both. My p3 is my banger/guinea pig and my p4 is more for my business use. I am looking to use the p3 for my local ground station home flights.

Im about 8 pages in on that 118 page adventure. I have already almost bought the antennea and i have already ordered a UAVMaxx thing for the p4.
At any point in that thread did anyone create a materual list and instructions for each item and how to properly install it?
Installing the amps/antennas/cables is quite easy to figure out. Modifying the controllers outputs requires patience and carefulness. Once you watch this video and follow the steps it too can be easy enough to do. Be REAL careful of ALL the tiny flat ribbons inside!!!

When you install the controller leads: IMPORTANT!!! seat them from the inside (Hex nuts) TIGHTLY and glue them in place!! If they loosen after time and they prbly will if not super tight and glued, they will rotate in place and sever the wires inside the shielding.

Last edited:
Laughs.....

I purchased the uavmaxx for my 4, but it looks like I will try your method grammaton but with a single pole (phantom 3 standard) for the setup.

I purchased the uavmaxx for my 4, but it looks like I will try your method grammaton but with a single pole (phantom 3 standard) for the setup.
Single pole? single mast?.... There's an app for that...
20170423_182523.jpg

Single pole? single mast?.... There's an app for that...
View attachment 95515

What you got there? Did you split the single antennae?

and on another note....you are pushing the boundaries of db, wavelengths, and radio communication..but youre still rocking the 1986 boom box?

One output is control signal, the other, video feed. neither are split, both are important. I rely on video feed more than signal control for stable operations. If your video is cut, then you are blind, if your control is cut ... it RTH...

My phantom 3 only has one antennae though, not two...

Then it is a P3S, not a P3A/P.

The antenna/ amps methods still apply

I don't have/use the standard, so I can't brief you on the protocols, but the methods still apply in this matter.

(Told you it was a rabbit hole..)....

I gotcha. I've been reading through that other thread where the guy upgraded his antennae for his p3s. Good stuff. It really looks like I just need to keep researching and I may crack open my controller to get a look at the components up close.

The P3A/P uses only 2.4ghz. The P3S uses both 2.4 and 5.8ghz. You need to connect and use the correct cable connections and amps AND antennas for each band. 2.4/5.8 ghz are separate in nature.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164