Grid pattern search using Litchi

Reaction score
I'm new to Litchee. Want to do a basic grid pattern search with the camera pointing down (-90degrees).
I want to take still photos from 100metres (400ft) and stitch them together using Autopano Giga, like you do with Drone Deploy or Auto Pilot, only cheaper.
I'm flying a Phantom 4Pro and using a 9 inch iPad screen. My Inspire1 pro does not have enough endurance for the flights.
One mission is a freeby, searching the forest for downed models at a local model flying club in Sydney, Australia.
The other is an environmental job in New Zealand, monitoring leachate spread on a 160 acre waste recycling facility.
Keen to hear input from anybody. The NZ job has no WiFi connection, so I'm also interested in caching GPS maps.

Litchi isn’t really a mapping app. There are plenty of free ones though. DroneDeploy, pic4dCapture, skycatch, and many more.

Litchi hub on the web/PC does assist with grids/lines when you use the shift key to click new waypoints. This can be useful when designing grids.

Also, I think you can import into Litchi mission from a spreadsheet or CSV format - not tried it myself but someone will chime in (probably)

Currently Litchi isn't the most "Grid" friendly app on the market but per the good people at Litchi they are working on a solution. Unfortunately they will not give a timeline or even let us know how high of a priority this is on their "To Do" list.

I do have a friend who is working on something to use with Litchi that will help automate this but currently Litchi has a HARD limit of # of waypoints so it makes this a lot more difficult.

Yes, as stated above, you can create some layouts on your PC and import them into Litchi but the above noted limitation really cuts into the versatility of this option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic