Greetings from SW Michigan

Reaction score
Hi all...
After much research I pulled the trigger on a P3A from Amazon. Went back and forth between this unit and Autel. Hard to really decide as both units seems to have pros/cons. Flew R/C planes years ago and love photography so a drone looked like some fun. Looking forward to getting some flying in

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

I have both a P3A and an X-Star Premium. The X-Star is also a nice drone, but I'd take the P3A over it if I could only have one. It's more refined and the software (DJI GO) has more features packed into it. Autel is just too new to the game at this point. At the slow pace they seem to be moving, I don't know if they will be able to catch up.

From what I could learn on-line and doing my best to read between the lines on all the comments and YouTube videos it came down to performance and it seemed the Phantom was a better choice. I'm not the kind of guy that will buy both to see which is better. I'm fairly "wigged out" on this investment knowing I could have a few issues with firmware updates or stress cracks in the future . Hopefully those are all manageable.

Another downside of going with Autel is they don't have a large following. Communities like this one just don't exist yet.

FYI, I have detailed Phantom 3 firmware installation instructions here. And, you can find a bunch of other useful tips and resources at PhantomHelp.com.

Hi all...
After much research I pulled the trigger on a P3A from Amazon. Went back and forth between this unit and Autel. Hard to really decide as both units seems to have pros/cons. Flew R/C planes years ago and love photography so a drone looked like some fun. Looking forward to getting some flying in
Welcome to the forum w9nl .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20