Greetings from Portland, OR

Reaction score
Hello Mods and fellow pilots!
I am a radio/communications technician by trade so I'm absolutely fascinated by the technology that the drone industry employs. I went from barely being aware of their existence to (after three weeks of heavy forum surfing!) owning my first, a P4. It wasn't in the air for two minutes before I was hooked! About six flights later, I tried to teach it how to swim. It failed. Had to take a "crash" course in drone dehydrating! OK, sorry, how about "total-immersion" drone repair 101? I'll stop now. The battery drowned but after some minor shell repair and a few days on the heat vent, the bird pulled off a total recovery! Whew! Opening it up only spiked my curiosity further, I want to get into every aspect of these wonderful gadgets! Anyway, this is a great forum, I'm excited to be a part of it. I hope to share many experiences here soon. Happy flying all!

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

I've always wanted to fly across the Columbia river and into Washington a bit. I know it could do it but I haven't had the ***** yet to attempt it[emoji851]
I'll be your eyes in Washington if you ever get that courageous! Watch out for that PDX approach! :)

It would be cool if we did it at the same time and I flew across the river to you and you flew across to me. We could make a video and put it on here[emoji106]

Here's a link to some videos I made around here..
Eye in the sky
Nice! Great view of Mt. Hood flying upstream on the Columbia. Love the view of Willamette Falls! I'm still a bit hesitant to fly over water with mine, given the recent watery near-death experience I had. Getting some more experience with FPV flying before I get back to the water.
Thanks for posting sandman, great videos! Are you using any kind of signal booster?

Last edited:
I'm also in the Hood:rolleyes:

Rod

Nice! Great view of Mt. Hood flying upstream on the Columbia. Love the view of Willamette Falls! I'm still a bit hesitant to fly over water with mine, given the recent watery near-death experience I had. Getting some more experience with FPV flying before I get back to the water.
Thanks for posting sandman, great videos! Are you using any kind of signal booster?

Nope everything stock. Could have gone further on the Columbia, had great video and rc signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers