Green lines over photos, video washed out

Reaction score
Would anyone have seen the below type of output for photos and videos on a Phantom 3 Professional using the bulk standard camera?

Drone was working fine last time I took it out a week ago and today I get the below using all the exact same hardware. I see this output both in the live camera feed on my smart phone and the resulting footage downloaded from the micro SD card. You can see the video is discernible but looks pretty crumby. Photo you can't make out anything at all.

DJI Go App is using the default settings that are present when you install the app. I double checked and have the latest Go App as well as firmware. Drone flies fine just the footage is so lously all of a sudden. Any words of wisdom on this appreciated!

Video footage today
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Camera photo today

Video footage last time I took drone out a week back

Best regards

Hi Everyone,

DJI support desk came back very quickly on this one with a solution that worked. I had heard the support desk was largely unresponsive so I didn't have much faith, pleasantly surprised and they were very attentive. Anyway here is the solution:

Dear Tysun,

Thank you for your prompt response. Rest assured that our attention focus on this case as well.

You're always welcome Tysun! We do understand that we are getting green lines over photos. There's nothing to worry about, since you already have me, we'll be in this together for sorting this out. I'll be more than willing to extend my assistance just to help you.

We also wanted to set your expectation as well, that in case all troubleshooting provided unable to isolate the problem that we have, the last and the best option is to send it back to us and process a repair case. We will conduct an assessment on your drone to identify the root cause and to prevent it from happening as well. However, kindly follow the steps for now.

We would like to inform you that we also have an alternate way on how to update the firmware other than using our DJI Go app. Kindly follow the steps below.
1. Remove SD card from the gimbal
2. Insert it on a card reader and connect with your desktop.
3. Save all files that you have on a different folder and put it first on your desktop local storage.
4. Make sure that there is no other file on your SD Card. You may reformat it as well.
5. Download the latest firmware update for the corresponding Phantom.
6. Visit the official DJI website (www.dji.com), and go to the Phantom 3 product page.
7. Click the Download page, and download the latest firmware package.
8. Using a freshly formatted micro SD card, extract the downloaded files.
9. Copy the file with the extension "bin", into the root directory of the SD card.
10. Once it been copied, put it back on the Gimbal of the Aircraft then turn it on.
11. Let it update itself and it will take up to 30 minutes.

Re-link aircraft to Remote Controller to have better and stable signal.
1. Turn on the Aircraft and press the Link Button. The Button will blink red when the aircraft is ready to link.
2. Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep.
3. Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
4. The remote controller will stop beeping and the Link Button on the aircraft will turn solid green if linking is successful.

Save all files first then reinstall application

Just in case you encounter the same result please send it back to us and process a repair case for more diagnosis. To make the repair process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online forms you will receive a case number.

To get started with your online repair request click: 自助寄修-大疆自助服务中心

To check on the case status click: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

REMARKS: If you are getting issues when clicking on links above, please login to your DJI Account first before submitting a case online. Kindly utilize this link to login to your account:

https://account.dji.com/login?appId=store&locale=en_US&backUrl=https://www.dji.com/

Please note: For your protection please do not send any sensitive information, including credit card numbers, via email. This e-mail address is not secured to receive credit card information. Any credit card information received through this e-mail address will be destroyed upon receipt. We apologize for the inconvenience; your protection is our priority.

If you have any inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31