Greater Toronto Area

You're telling me! It's such a pain that I need to drive out to the 'burbs to clock a flight everytime. Worst part is that the office I work at is less than a km away from Buttonville Municipal Airport (I know, aviation seems to follow me wherever I go). I might give flying around the lake a shot in a couple of weeks. Still a new flyer to the P3S so I'm sticking to land flights for now in Scarberia. :(

We definitely should organize a meet up or something along those line with the rest of the members here on PP who are from the GTA. I feel like we'd have a pretty great time and capture some good aerial footage.

P3S is great! Almost bought it, but ended up with 4K instead. We should indeed meet up sometimes! PM me if you wana cruise above the lake together!

P3S is great! Almost bought it, but ended up with 4K instead. We should indeed meet up sometimes! PM me if you wana cruise above the lake together!
PM'd :)

That's pretty good although iPhone apps I have do the same thing. Just goes to show you that there is almost no flying around here. I do most of my flying in the area - especially with the new rules at Whitby Aeromodellers field in Brooklyn. My fun flying is sadly reserved until we are outside this area - for the most part.

North of Toronto here, near Newmarket, lots of open spaces & most farmers, landowners I;ve spoken with don't mind you flying their lands. A dropped a few pics to one fellow, who then gave me access to another area he owns, about 700 acres of flat land, bush, small lakes all within minutes of my place. Building a relationship with him ( a classic car guy too) hoping he will allow me & multiple flyers on his lands, which back on Oak Ridge morain, we could fly to Ottawa & back!

Reactions: fred_lefevre
Hello everyone!
I'm from Etobicoke here (Rathburn & Kipling).
I just got a Phantom 4 Pro as a gift for my birthday.
I would love to find someone to teach me how to fly.
Also, looking for great deals on some accessories (3 more batteries, 4-pack charger, Hoodman Hood for iPad mini, Filters, etc).
Thank you!

Last edited:
Given current CTA rules I only fly at a certified MAAC field. I am a member of Whitby Aeromodelers in Brooklin and they have a pretty big drone flyers group. Do yourself a big favor and get a small cheap drone that you won't mind crashing - over and over again and practice a lot. Sure the Phantom 4 almost flys itself but being able to take control instinctively - when it doesn't - will serve you well.

Yes, but barely active right now. Baby arrived ni the summer and i barely have time to read the forums, let alone fly. I'm hoping to fly next weekend if the weather cooperates. Hardly logged any hours this summer so I might just sell my P4P+.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.