Great Idea.

Reaction score
I have just placed and order for an Elephantom because I am sold that it's a great idea and I am a strong believer that necessity is the mother of all inventions. http://bymac.org/new/home/19-elephantom.html

I have enjoyed my relatively short experience as a P2V+ flyer with about 25 flights under my belt, however, I find that when I am setting up I need an extra pair of hands so that I don't have to put my controller on the ground to get the Phantom out of the hard case.

My thoughts were that if someone could design a box with telescopic legs that come out of each corner, (a bit like a titanium camera tripod legs) that would bring the box up to save bending over while kitting up.

Then design a lid that would open from the middle outwards in two halves, then the controller could go onto the right half and the phantom onto the left half.
Once the phone or tablet has been fixed to its mount and the props fitted to the Phantom the lids could be closed one half at a time and the launch could take place from the lid.

If a reflective surface like a mirror could be fitted to the suffice of the lid, even better, you could be sure you got the green light for lift off.

Just an idea.

Last edited:
Am I missing something or are you talking about "1/2 Terminator"?

Gimme a break, I thought it's funny as well as real.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj