Great experience

Reaction score
Just to say I have not commented because it seems most are negative comments. I have inquired about things I wanted to know but never gave a review of my experience . I guess when things are going well I didn't feel the need to post. With that being said I have my p3A for about two months now. I've upgraded the firmware twice I've flown about 30 times and I have not had one problem yet. I flown over lakes, oceans , trees , 2 1/2 miles out and 400 ft up ( the max altitude by law ) I've landed manually , taken off manually and landed with RTH and have taken off in auto . I have flown indoors, have had the VPS on since day one never any issues. I actually did have one crash but was pilot error a crash from about 20 feet up into a building. Bird landed upside down. Smashed 2 props , replaced all four props , re calibrated the IMU and gimbal , at that point it needed the latest firmware anyway. Downloaded the latest firmware and then redid all the calibrations . Since I have taken it up about 3 times , no problems whatsoever. Flies like new as it always did. I think a lot of problems aren't as much out there as it sounds. Like someone said the positive experiences out way the negative by a larger margin. Read the manual, watch every tutorial and use your head and be smart . I believe there are many more happier Phantom owners than unhappy ones

Reactions: acherman
Have to say, I am new to all of this. I flew my P3 for the first time yesterday and now have 5 flights so far. I am hooked. I read and read and read. Watched the videos others have posted and really tried to learn. It has been a great experience. I am hooked. I am the poster child for ADHD and I am facinated by this hobby. I think if you focus, be willing to listen to others' experiences, and not try to be the smartest guy in the room all the time, this is a great forum to improve and hone your skills. Looking forward to sharing some videos once I learn how to edit and post. I have a long way to go.

'Same here - so far I've had only positive and predictable experiences with my P3A in a variety of spaces, before and after the latest firmware update. But I must admit, while waiting for my bird to arrive and reading so many incident reports on this forum, I got as familiar with every aspect of the bird as possible before taking my maiden flight.

Maybe we're just among the lucky ones, but I can certainly see how easy it would have been for me to have jumped-in and start flying without really knowing as much as I should -- reading other people's fail-stories, and often clearly due to pilot error, was an awful good motivator.

I haven't hit any buildings or anything yet, but with only 10 flight-days under my belt, there's still plenty of time for that.

Thanks Scott1012, I am glad to be counted as one of the happier Phantom owners. ('hope I'll still feel that way after 500 flight-days! ;o)

I've had about 100 if not more flights with p3p and apart from keeping it flying too long and panicking when it starts auto landing it has been flawless and all of this on one battery which was been discharged and immediately charged after it landed,they are also a great improvement over the p2 batteries which were useless. Can't wait until they inevitably release a more powerful battery , then it will be nearly the perfect drone. Despite what some say dji definitely hurt sales of inspires with p3, which means the new camera for any inspire 1.5/2 will be something to behold . The present and future is bright.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers